Old 07-05-2015 | 08:29 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Was praying for a Williams 1,2...
Old 07-05-2015 | 09:35 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skl
You had it for a while. Amazing start by Masa.
Old 07-05-2015 | 11:04 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skl
I Liked how Williams started the race. They are improving.

Race lead changing, Pit stop deception, rain and the luckiest timing for Hamilton.
McLaren scored a point.

Rumors that Red Bull is going to be supplied with Aston Martin engines in 2016.

A great weekend.

Oh and Maldanado crashed.
Old 07-06-2015 | 10:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Didn't record this race but sounds like it's worth the watch. Anyone know if they're going to rebroadcast the race or a place to watch it online?
Old 07-06-2015 | 11:35 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Rosberg lapped Silverstone with a average of 160mph............thats Keke Rosberg in 1985!!!!
To be fair though, the Silverstone track is very different than it was in 1985.
Old 07-06-2015 | 12:51 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Now THAT was a race! I was rooting hard for the Williams but they managed to grip defeat out of the jaws of victory with some bad calls. I guess they didn't want to break Massa's spirit with "Valteri is faster than you."

Vettel drove really hard and it was nice to see him happy about a 3rd. The best was I can describe Vettel and his side of the garage at Ferrari this year is "solid".

Kimi, Kimi, Kimi.....you are making it so hard to believe in you. Is the magic gone? Is it over?

Alonso finally picked up some points because enough cars retired and he actually finished a race! Good to see them on the board.

Is it just me or does Nico Rosberg always look like he was just told his wife was cheating on him and he is trying to act like he doesn't care?

Good race but I fear the next race at the Hungaroring won't be as exciting.
Old 07-06-2015 | 01:08 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
Didn't record this race but sounds like it's worth the watch. Anyone know if they're going to rebroadcast the race or a place to watch it online?
I know of a website where you will be able to download the race from. I don't have the URL with me, so you will need to wait until I get home later in the day.

As far as the race was concerned, yes on one hand this race was one of the more entertaining races of the year (I still think the Malaysian GP was better, but this was a close 2nd). But this race also exposed everything that is wrong with F1. Some of the problems are not new. Some of the problems like being unable to pass someone because of the aerodynamic drag has been around for years (problem #1 with F1). But the problems were really exposed in this race because both Williams cars got in front of both Mercs early in the race. Now Williams dropped the ball with their pit stop strategy. Some people will claim that Massa should have been ordered to yield to Bottas in the first stint. But we don't really know if Massa was truly slower than Bottas or was he just managing his tires (problem #2 with F1, the drivers spend too much time managing tires and fuel instead of racing at the limits). Anyway Williams allowed Hamilton to undercut both Massa and Bottas on the first stint, Hamilton was first to pit out of the four front runners and with the speed the Mercs have in an open road, undercutting both Williams cars was pretty easy. When traffic is not an issue, the Mercs are at least a second a lap faster than anyone else (problem #3 in F1 having a dominant team, but this is not new to F1 as there have been many dominant teams over the years). Once Hamilton was in the lead it was game over. Nobody was going to catch him. But the race was still sort of entertaining because Massa and Bottas were still in front of Rosberg ... in front until ... the drizzle started and then the superiority aero of the Merc made mince meat out of both Williams cars and we were back to the familiar Mercedes GP 1-2 running order with everyone else miles behind them. Now the rain on only one part of the track did spice the race up. Vettel appeared to be one of the first drivers to have trouble with the slick track. But he stayed out there and learned to deal with it. Raikkonen panicked and came in much too soon for the inters and his race was done because of this. Yeah for a split second it might have appeared than Hamilton came in too soon as well for inters, but that only lasted seconds as it was clear that everyone had to come in (including Raikkonen having to pit for his 2nd set of inters). Big winner in this race was Hamilton who was never really challenged at all after the first stint. Rosberg also benefited as usual for having a superior car once the track got a little slick. Now both Williams would have finished ahead of both Ferraris had the track stayed dry (likely would have both podiumed too had it stayed dry). But it is clear that Ferrari had the better car in the wet than the Williams and Vettel was the third winner of the day by not panicking when the track first started to get slick and he pitted for his inters and the best possible time. Oh and Alonso (well known for his skill on a wet track) also benefited by the slick track and finally scored his first point for McLaren. But it is still amazing how far McLaren has fallen since 2012.

Yeah it was one of the more entertaining races of the season. But F1 is seriously broken right now. The races are snooze fests. But what do you do? Punish the Mercs for building the superior power plant and superior car? As dominant as the Red Bull was from 2010 - 2013, it wasn't nearly as dominant as the 2014 to 201? Mercedes GP car is. But what do you do? So if you are a Lewis Hamilton fan rejoice, because your man is poised to shatter all records that everyone (including Vettel's dominant years) except for possibly Schumacher's records. Schumi's record are safe for the short term. But if the other teams don't get their act gear in the next few seasons, expect Hamilton to be challenging Schumi's records in no time at all.
Old 07-06-2015 | 07:12 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

The race can be downloaded from here: http://www.tremek.com/forum/f1-video...-races-13.html
Old 07-06-2015 | 11:50 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Always record the race. That way when you have trouble sleeping.......
Old 07-07-2015 | 08:02 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

The comparison between Massa and Bottas being made by the commentators was not logical. Being the following car Bottas had access to the DRS when Massa did not. I kept waiting for one of them to pick up on this, but they chose not to.

Williams was likely looking at segment times and realized that Massa was as fast or faster than Bottas in the non-DRS segments and this is why they left the order alone (or we would just have had the same problem in reverse). Massa appeared faster in the tight sections and off the corners, but we would need the data to know for sure.

Cheers,
Old 07-07-2015 | 08:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
The race can be downloaded from here: http://www.tremek.com/forum/f1-video...-races-13.html
thanks brother!

Quick Reply: 2015 British Grand Prix