Sponsored by:

92 DB sound level/Mt. Tremblant/Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
As for Lime Rock, they are at 88db and they enforce it ALL the time. You get one chance to fix it if you are black flagged so your plan to bring a Supertrapp is a good one. I would also put a 45 or 90 on the end of your current system and point it down if you have a straight out tailpipe. If you are very close it may be enough.
Wow...88db seems very low!? Love how people move near a racetrack and then form petitions to essentially shut them down.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:16 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Wow...88db seems very low!? Love how people move near a racetrack and then form petitions to essentially shut them down.

88db is indeed very low! It's measured trackside at 50 ft, which seems pretty standard from what I know. Lime Rock is the most restrictive track in terms of sound that I know of. Some cars stock out of the box have a hard time making sound! I' currently building a muffler for an older 911 race car (and likely some intake muffling as well), and it's not trivial.

As for people moving into the neighborhood and not liking the track, this is why Bridgehampton closed years ago. Maybe others too.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
cayman : fabspeed race exhaust with stock headers will pass no problem

cayman : fabspeed race exhaust with catless headers should be fine aswell. This setup is still very quiet.

i will probably bring my race boxster that has catless headers and 2in straight pipes and i think i will be fine since its a boxster. Turn down will be in hand in case
I'm surprised by that Seb. My old Pawxster which had Fabspeed headers, no cats, and the Fabspeed 'street' muffler got black flagged for sound at LRP. I was shocked as that car was fairly 'quiet.'
Old 07-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts
Default 92 DB sound level/Mt. Tremblant/Lime Rock

Originally Posted by the_vetman
I've gotten much feedback in the past with "I run XYZ in 9XX and you should probably be OK" (and thank you so much to those who responded in the past ) but wondering if there's anyone who reads this and can answer whether a 987 (or more specifically 987.2) passes sound at MT or LRP with Fabspeed race exhaust.....
I have the Fabspeed race exhaust and did not pass in my Cayman at LRP earlier this year. There was not a lot of foliage on the trees yet and I believe that plays a role.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:19 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I'm surprised by that Seb. My old Pawxster which had Fabspeed headers, no cats, and the Fabspeed 'street' muffler got black flagged for sound at LRP. I was shocked as that car was fairly 'quiet.'
Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
I have the Fabspeed race exhaust and did not pass in my Cayman at LRP earlier this year. There was not a lot of foliage on the trees yet and I believe that plays a role.
Ugh.... so the uncertainty continues... I've no idea whether 92 dB would be enough if you guys failed 88 dB at LRP.

FWIW, Fabspeed race exhaust goes well over 100 dB when measured close by (105 or 110 dB IIRC). I've seen a video and I'd guess that the person was approx. 30 feet away...
Old 07-14-2015, 10:54 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

Making sound at tracks like LRP and Mont Tremblant is a pain! Note that 92 db is quite a bit louder than 88 db. Your best bet is to have some turndowns that you can point in either direction depending on from which side of the track they are testing, and maybe even an add-on silencer like a Supertrapp tip in case the turndown isn't enough. It will reduce your chances of being sidelined early on in the event.

Quick Reply: 92 DB sound level/Mt. Tremblant/Lime Rock