Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Famous Racer Edorsements of CTMP (formerly MOSPORT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:03 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Famous Racer Edorsements of CTMP (formerly MOSPORT)

At PCA Upper Canada Region we are in the process of promoting the 2015 CanAm Challenge PCA Club Race at CTMP (formerly MOSPORT) and wanted to share a few things that a few veteran racers had to say about one of the greatest road courses in the world.

Now for the racer testimonials...........

Paul Tracy, CART driver:

“Mosport has always been a good track for me. It was where I had some of my earliest wins — I wrapped up the Formula Ford Championship there when I was 16. I basically learned to race there, and I think it has led me to where I am today. It is the toughest track in the country and one of the most challenging tracks in the world.”

Ron Fellows, LeMans series driver:

“Mosport is such a challenging track; the speed of the corners and the elevation changes make it high risk But if you can race well at Mosport, you can race anywhere. Only LeMans is as challenging. The highlight for me was winning the pole and setting the lap record in the Ferrari sports car in 1997, but it was also the site of my first Trans-Am victory.”

Patrick Carpentier, CART driver:

“Oh for sure, you need big b—-, I mean a lot of courage, to race at Mosport. It’s a great track, very fast and exciting, but you have to be very, very careful, too.”

Bobby Rahal, boss of Jaguar F1 racing and former race driver:

“I started racing there when I was 18, but my best memory was driving flat out around the circuit in a Can-Am car. I still can’t believe the speeds we did back then. Of course, I also raced against Gilles Villeneuve in Atlantics. The track definitely separates the men from the boys! It’s also the place I met the girl who became my wife.”

Scott Goodyear, IRL driver:

“The Porsche Turbo Cup series was a highlight, of course, but I look back on it as a great training ground for my career.”

Richard Spénard, driver-coach and veteran race driver:

“I had many great battles, particularly with Ron Fellows. One year I drove in four different race cars on one weekend! Mosport is one of the toughest tracks in the world.”

Here is a link to a great article written about MOSPORT that goes into the rich history of this track and list many other famous racers who drove and loved this track

Mosport, Mecca for World’s Top Drivers: Moss, Clark, Hill, Stewart, Hulme and McLaren — the list goes on
By Frank Orr

http://pcaucr.org/driving/driver-edu...sport-stories/

If you have been thinking about finally making the pilgrimage to this famous track come and join us for a memorable race weekend on Aug 7-9, 2015.

Last edited by redcarman; 06-25-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Famous Racer Edorsements of CTMP (formerly MOSPORT)