Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring in July?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 PM
schao
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For OP, what are the chances that you may NOT be able to do Roebling in February 2016? And how important is starting the SARRC series next year vs possibly delaying another year? In racing, you go when your scheduled time is up, regardless of weather; in a DE, you can choose to sit out if you don't like the weather. Only you can decide if it makes sense to wait until Roebling next February. Another alternative is the school at Pocono in August, according to NeDiv calendar.

Sherman

P.S. The way SARRC points scoring works, there should be multiple contenders for a season championship, to be determined by how everyone finishes at the season ending SIC race, so please don't feel you need to get your season going with that particular VIR race.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:26 AM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

The short course is hard on brakes, even at a school. fresh pads.

There is shade on the short course near the hairpin, (green park). gird is a little strange there.

on the bright side, its worse in September.

Doesn't Robeling do a 3 days double school?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:42 AM
MikeJim
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roebling in February is COLD and usually raining.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:18 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I hate being cold. After Roebling didn’t work out for me, due to an injured finger and waiting on a steering rack, I eyeballed the Summit Point school. Last year it snowed at that event and this year the days started out around 24º and worked up to 39º by 5pm. Way too cold for me. Really feel the SCCA needs to look into the school offerings a little bit. Seems you have either late winter or the dead heat of summer; there’s no fall offering and nothing at Rd. Atlanta or VIR. Although the schools look less intensive, NASA has more offerings and a few at VIR, which is only a few hrs away. That said, I can’t afford to run both series and chose the SCCA. I’ve already have paid all the fees, so just need to get a school in and start having some fun!

Quick Reply: Sebring in July?