Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Clarkson's replacement…..

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...with-new-host/

are may and hammond staying on?

edit…….(if there were only a device one could use to research such a question)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sent-show.html
Old 06-17-2015, 12:45 PM
ned911
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

May and Hammond are gone. Rumor is Clarkson, May, Hammond and the lead producer will be doing a show on Netflix.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:37 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Originally Posted by ned911
May and Hammond are gone. Rumor is Clarkson, May, Hammond and the lead producer will be doing a show on Netflix.
I really hope this is true. Netflix is trying to hard to establish itself as a content provider and hit it out of the park with House of Cards. This show would be a feather in their cap!

Plus Netflix would have zero interest in trying to keep the show PC. Dare I predict that this show might be even better than Top Gear? We can hope!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:18 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I really hope this is true. Netflix is trying to hard to establish itself as a content provider and hit it out of the park with House of Cards. This show would be a feather in their cap!

Plus Netflix would have zero interest in trying to keep the show PC. Dare I predict that this show might be even better than Top Gear? We can hope!
The ongoing joke that the Top Gear hosts were continually trying to subvert authority is one of the things that made it work so well, in my opinion. If they could swear (as they could on Netflix) I think it would quickly become like Howard Stern's first radio episode -- way more exciting in theory than in practice.

Andy Willman is no fool. I suspect that whatever they all end up making will run for three or four very profitable seasons while they cash in, and then they'll retire.

Quick Reply: Clarkson's replacement…..