Crowdfunding for LC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 AM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crowdfunding for LC Motorsports

New Shop for LC Motorsports

Crowd funding campaign is a success... but not in the manner we planned.

Please follow the link attached to visit our Indiegogo Crowdfunding campaign.

http://igg.me/at/c-56w0B8C8o/x/10948148

While attending the 3 day Zone 1 48 Hrs HPDE event this past weekend, Luda and I were amazed with the out pouring of support and generosity of all our friends and customers from within PCA.

So, many of you stopped over to express your heartfelt words of sorrow over the loss of my father and extended your generous assistance in making our move into a new build come closer to a reality.

What surprised us was that each of you wished to donate directly via cash, checks and (which I did not consider) PayPal payments. The PayPal option makes complete sense once it was suggested to us by numerous customers.

So, if wish to explore the PayPal option please contact us, we will then email a invoice

OR

You can send contributions to: LC Motorsports via our PayPal account at Sales@merlinmfgusa.com

All level of contributions are appreciated. Donations as low as $5.00 will place us on our path to achieving our goal of the new shop.

Should you contribute to our company growth / relocation you can enjoy several perks as members of LC MOTORPSORTS TEAM!

Please assist us in achieving our goal

See you soon,
Luda & Chris Whaley
315-409-3500
sales@merlinmfgusa.com

Last edited by LC MotorSports; 06-17-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added note
Old 06-14-2015, 02:33 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by LC MotorSports
It provides you with a IRS record of which you can claim as a charitable contribution.
I am pretty sure that you need to donate to a 501(c)(3) organization for you to claim a tax deduction. Are you a 501(c)(3) organization which means you are a non-profit organization?
Old 06-14-2015, 02:42 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for all your helpfull information.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
I am pretty sure that you need to donate to a 501(c)(3) organization for you to claim a tax deduction. Are you a 501(c)(3) organization which means you are a non-profit organization?
+1

IMHO as well
Old 06-14-2015, 06:16 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Again, we appreciate all the help & information as each and everyone adheres to the letter of the tax law so stringently each tax season.

Last edited by LC MotorSports; 06-14-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:25 PM
winders
Race Car

Again, we appreciate all the help information as each and everyone adheres to the letter of the tax law so stringently each tax season.
Wow! You really need to check that attitude at the door.

All I did mention that you needed to donate to a 501(c)(3) organization to get a valid tax deduction and then ask if you were such an organization.

I suspect you are not which means any donation would not be tax deductible. I only have valid tax deductions on my tax forms. It now sounds like you know the donations are not tax deductible yet promote them as such anyway.

Again, wow!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:38 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

No attitude needs to be checked at the door here as none is being tossed around.

I appreciate all your clarifications and corrected the post as needed.

So, many people do donate small amounts to none 501(c)(3) organizations and claim the deduction on their returns under $500.00 "Gifts to Charities"... That is all I am stating.

Again, I appreciate all your input and wish you a great day.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Shop for LC Motorsports

It provides you with a record of which you can use as a charitable contribution (in any manner which you deem fit).

Please assist us in achieving our goal

See you soon,
Luda & Chris Whaley
315-409-3500
sales@merlinmfgusa.com
Can you explain how this could be legally claimed as a charitable donation? LC Motorsports is not listed in the IRS Pub 78 database as an organization eligible to receive tax-deductible donations. Surely you're not suggesting that Rennlist members submit false information on a tax return.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tax status as an investor???
Old 06-15-2015, 07:58 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

So, many people do donate small amounts to none 501(c)(3) organizations and claim the deduction on their returns under $500.00 "Gifts to Charities"... That is all I am stating.
How is this legal and defensible under an audit? Are you hinting at a "donation" amount?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:59 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

It appears that their has been some confusion with the start of this thread. Please allow me the chance to put our fate and faith in your hands...

We have been a strong supporter of PCA, and other groups for over a decade and are asking for help? Their has been no effort to promote or suggest misconduct.... We were and are speaking from the heart and have not been as elegant as we should have been in posting the first time. So, please read below for some of the details.

We lost our building due to my father's death last October.....

Then we found out that he did not leave a will... which he had told me numerous times that everything was arranged... fate kicked us even harder when my mother (whom I do not have a good relationship with) took over as executor, immediately locking us out of the building while her legal consul tied up the assets and attempted to take over the company.

She believed my father was part of the corporation and filed suites to seize the machines, cars and all the assets. After 5 months of Lawyers, Judges and thousands (Thousands) of dollars, we proved that under UCC article 9, she was attempting to illegally transfer company assets to the estate.

With all the legal fees we are left short on funds to purchase a new building.

Our goal is too offer each supporter at what ever level a great deal for their efforts.

Please open the link in the original post to read the full details.

From there you can make your determination on how or if you feel strongly about lending your support to us.

All the best
Chris
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Smile 501 (c) (3)

Originally Posted by winders
For all us big spenders that plan to send $25 or less, or even $100 or less, why worry about a tax write off? You are just helping some folks who were kicked to the floor. I'd rather give a few bucks here, than to some other "charities" where 90%+ is skimmed off the top.

I sent in a small contribution, won't ever use their shop...2,500 miles is the reason keeping me back

If 600 Rennlisters, no that's 599, sent in $25.00 the fund would reach its goal. I wish LC well on this...I am afraid it may be a tough crowd for a charity appeal, could be wrong though.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM
winders
Race Car

Martin,

This was never about the donation or the donation amount. It was all about the tax status of the donation.

The OP, in the original version of his post, said you could claim the donation as a charitable contribution (i.e., a write off) on your taxes. I asked how one could do this if his business was not a 501(c)(3) organization. The responses were, shall we say, interesting.

Well, one can't legally write off the donation. I was making sure the folks from here that were donating got the right information for their tax returns.

Of course, if you had actually thought about what I wrote, you would have seen that.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Martin S.
For all us big spenders that plan to send $25 or less, or even $100 or less, why worry about a tax write off? You are just helping some folks who were kicked to the floor. I'd rather give a few bucks here, than to some other "charities" where 90%+ is skimmed off the top.

I sent in a small contribution, won't ever use their shop...2,500 miles is the reason keeping me back

If 600 Rennlisters, no that's 599, sent in $25.00 the fund would reach its goal. I wish LC well on this...I am afraid it may be a tough crowd for a charity appeal, could be wrong though.
Thank you for your kind donation and words or encouragement
Old 06-18-2015, 06:19 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

We want to thank everyone who have shown their kindness to us. So many have contacted us and shown Luda and I how much those of you really do care.

While the crowd funding page is not reflective of where we are.... The PayPal donations are... We are well on our way to reaching our goal.

Quick Reply: Crowdfunding for LC Motorsports