Sponsored by:

Traqgear Coolshirt

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015 | 11:23 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Default Traqgear Coolshirt

I first met Roger at Sebring this year during my first race. I bought a couple of his shirts and have worn nothing at the track since then.

Previously, I would wear a MOMO coolshirt over a traqgear shirt. Most coolshirts are not fire retardant so they are a little bit dangerous if you get into a fire.

During the recent Watkins Glen I received the new Traqgear coolshirt directly to at my hotel so that I had it for the sprint races and enduro.

Switching from one coolshirt to another during a race weekend gives a good comparison. The MOMO shirt always did an OK job of keeping me cool. Not really sold on the MOMO "bladder" type system as opposed to the tubes which is what Traqgear uses.

The new Traqgear shirt was awesome! The fit was awesome and much more comfortable than my previous shirt. In terms of cooling it was night and day. The Traqgear shirt gave me more of a chill than my wife's credit card bill!

Bottom line, this is an SFI certified fire retardant shirt which does a hell of a job cooling you down. It is also about half the price of the next fire retardant competitor.

I have no affiliation with Roger other than wanting to see a small business succeed. In my opinion, if you are looking for a coolshirt you would be remise not to buy the Traqgear coolshirt.

The only negative is that with a bladder type system you can hold the valve on the tubes coming out of the shirt and leak water. I love walking around the paddock and "leaking" on people. I'm a child - what can I say?! Can't do that with the Traqgear shirt. That is the only downside!

Last edited by LuigiVampa; 06-08-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2015 | 07:49 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

I'll check it out. I have the thin and the thick shirts. I use the thin when not using a cool shirt and the thicker one for DE's. Very comfy.
Old 06-08-2015 | 08:43 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
I'll check it out. I have the thin and the thick shirts. I use the thin when not using a cool shirt and the thicker one for DE's. Very comfy.
The coolshirt is made from the "thicker" DE style shirt. Very comfortable.
Old 06-08-2015 | 12:52 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Roger's products are top notch and he is a super guy which is why we are happy to carry his product. I have a TraqGear short sleeve shirt I wear quite a bit even when I have not in a race car because it's comfortable. I need to get him to make me one with a collar so I can wear it on the golf course
Old 06-08-2015 | 08:07 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Any plans for a short sleeve cool shirt. The long sleeves are a deal breaker for me. Yes I understand long sleeves are safer, but it gets hot as hell down here.
Old 06-08-2015 | 09:32 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Mike:
You won't be hot in a TraqGear shirt. Even in the long sleeve. I have one of these (the regular gray and black long sleeve) too.
Old 06-09-2015 | 03:21 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

What tube connectors is the shirt compatible with, FAST or Coolshirt?

Thanks,

JF
Old 06-09-2015 | 03:54 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Mike:
You won't be hot in a TraqGear shirt. Even in the long sleeve. I have one of these (the regular gray and black long sleeve) too.
+1 Wore the black shirt during all the races and practices at Watkins Glen and was amazed at how cool it was. I do not think you will miss having a short sleeve.
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:22 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993PET
What tube connectors is the shirt compatible with, FAST or Coolshirt?

Thanks,

JF
I believe mine were compatible with coolshirt but I don't remember if the connections were changes at some point on my in car lines. Easy enough to do.
Old 06-09-2015 | 06:07 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Roger collaborated with Coolshirt on his design. His shirts are compatible with the Coolshirt system without any modification.
Old 06-09-2015 | 10:44 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

What makes this shirt better? More wraps of cool tubing? Bigger tube? smaller tube? tighter shirt for tighter tubes to body?
Old 06-09-2015 | 10:48 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
What makes this shirt better? More wraps of cool tubing? Bigger tube? smaller tube? tighter shirt for tighter tubes to body?
It is fire proof. Just about all shirts on the market will melt or otherwise hurt you in a fire. Only one other coolshirt which is fireproof and it is about twice the price.
Old 06-09-2015 | 10:56 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

I don't know what is in the fabric, but it does help cool you. 15 years of racing on and odd, and last fall was the first time ever, that I did not change my shirt after getting out of the car. I was wearing the TraqGear short sleeve shirt and wow, what a difference. It wasn't sticking to me when I unzipped my suit.

I haven't used his shirt with tubing incorporated to work with a driver cooling system, but given how Roger's other offerings turned out, I bet it will be a home run. Quality products, all made in the U.S., and reasonably priced. Was a no brainer for us to pick up his product. I'll never wear nomex underwear again.

The Pentagon should be buying the shirts for our troops to wear under their gear while over in the desert. It seriously is that good. I really think it's cooler than some of the sports fabric t-shirts I wear underneath my work shirts when at the track.
Old 06-23-2015 | 11:16 AM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

I used mine this past weekend at a DE.

My wife said it was cool to the touch even as she took it out of the dryer... must be magic.

Its real test will be my July 4th three day SCCA Majors at the Glen. (3) quals and (2) races + a warm up if needed.
Perhaps I need more than one...we'll see.

Tom B.
Old 06-23-2015 | 02:02 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

I wanted a new cool shirt for the vir race this past weekend so decided on the traqgear because of its fire resistance. I didn't expect it to be much better at cooling than my 986 shirt but it felt like it had much better cooling coverage. I really like how flexible the tubing is as well. I put it through its paces for sure this past weekend and was very happy with how well it worked.

Quick Reply: Traqgear Coolshirt