Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Spanish Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015 | 11:16 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Watched the first five laps, skipped to the last two. Just another snorefest.
Definitely the least interesting race so far.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-10-2015 | 11:23 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

They finished as they started; 1,2,3,4.........Kimi and Massa made ground as expected but gotta agree not very exciting.

Really have to wonder what must be going on behind the scenes at McLaren; at least Manor got both cars home

Last edited by the flyin' scotsman; 05-10-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2015 | 01:06 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Bad day to be a jack man. Alonso almost took out his jack man and then the Lotus jack man got clotted in his junk!
Old 05-11-2015 | 08:23 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Yawn. That was not the race I hoped for after waiting 3 weeks.
It's sad that after all Ferrari's gains they finished 45 sec behind Nico and LH was able to make an extra pit stop and still clear Vettel by around 28 secs. Merc's race pace matched their qualifying margin of .7 sec./lap.

Interesting rumor about Bottas going to Ferrari next year. I was expecting a new contract for Kimi.
Old 05-11-2015 | 10:07 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Bad day to be a jack man. Alonso almost took out his jack man and then the Lotus jack man got clotted in his junk!
The shot of the jack man with the bag of ice on his crotch was priceless. He did seem able to laugh it off though. Workers choice award to that man for taking 'two' for the team.
Originally Posted by paradisenb
Yawn. That was not the race I hoped for after waiting 3 weeks.
It's sad that after all Ferrari's gains they finished 45 sec behind Nico and LH was able to make an extra pit stop and still clear Vettel by around 28 secs. Merc's race pace matched their qualifying margin of .7 sec./lap.

Interesting rumor about Bottas going to Ferrari next year. I was expecting a new contract for Kimi.
I was really hoping VET could pull off a 2nd. Overall I found the race to be fairly boring. I think BOT is driving very well. Maybe Ferrari is getting upset with Kimi's attitude (which we all love) and criticism of the car's handling. They don't like that sort of thing at Maranello.
Old 05-11-2015 | 10:54 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

The start of the race was good. But then once things settled in, my mind wandered thinking about other things as there wasn't that much going on in the race. Very processional. But Barcelona is kind of like that. They test so much at this track, the teams probably know the track better than any other track and it's hard to come up with some surprises on such a well known track. At least someone other than Hamilton won the race, though Lewis didn't give up much ground in the championship with his 2nd place finish.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:06 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Best line I heard of the weekend was in FP2, when Alonso was having some trouble with the ERs system. The team told him it was charging and to continue. He responded, "Perhaps you have a virus in your computer, because it's not charging anything."

Then same session, Kimi asked if they really wanted him to continue doing laps, because he wasn't getting anything out of it.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:21 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CCA
Best line I heard of the weekend was in FP2, when Alonso was having some trouble with the ERs system. The team told him it was charging and to continue. He responded, "Perhaps you have a virus in your computer, because it's not charging anything."

Then same session, Kimi asked if they really wanted him to continue doing laps, because he wasn't getting anything out of it.
LOL ... even the drivers don't like the cars. It's sad F1 is headed in the direction that it is.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:27 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

I literally dozed off several times while watching this one. Sad.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:36 AM
PPo
Drifting

I am happy that Rosberg won... Let's hope he wins more to make this season interesting.

The Barcelona track reveals how sensitive the Mercedes are when getting close to another car. Yes, this track exaggerates this trait compared to others, but it's clear that when the Merc gets close to other cars the front end starts to slide and degrade the tires more. The result is that the majority of passing by the Mercs will be done on the undercut of the pit strategy... as Hamilton did on Vettel.

I wish Ferrari could challenge more...

Based on this race, the next 2 will be great!! ;-)
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:43 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbossolo
I literally dozed off several times while watching this one. Sad.
I was watching it Sunday night and kept falling asleep and rewinding to where I thought I nodded off. Sad.

This guy deserved a podium for his dedication.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...during-pitstop
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:50 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Snoozefest.

Hammy was told to conserve the car because Nico had more pace in hand and would respond if the Hamster pushed. Thus it would seem that if Ferrari made progress it was minimal.

I think I heard that the Red Bull boys were on their last engines for the season before incurring penalties. Few purchase French automobiles expecting quality but Renault is taking the brand to a new low. Would love to see VW\Audi jump in but think they are to smart too throw the required capital into a declining F1: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/32688667

Last edited by Eifeler; 05-11-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2015 | 12:53 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

The press was happy because Nico won. It gives them something to talk about.

Hamilton needs to have a good qualifying in Monaco. Hopefully Nico will not pull the cheating stunt like he did last year. Nico is acting like an entitled baby. Just drive faster and things will be ok. The current fairy tale on McLaren is that a tearaway visor blocked Alonso's rear brake duct and that is why he retired. Renault can not seem to make the overly complicated motor work. Look at RedBull on their last motor. I thought the FIA were trying to reduce the cost of racing. Yep, use real complicated motors. Morons.

I hate to say it but RedBull should switch to Mercedes orFerrari for the power plant.
Old 05-11-2015 | 02:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eifeler
Would love to see VW\Audi jump in but think they are to smart to throw the required capital into a declining F1...
They're smart to focus on WEC, which is on a roll.
Old 05-11-2015 | 03:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Another snooze fest....F1 better fix this and go back to NA next year.

Quick Reply: 2015 Spanish Grand Prix