pm'ed you
Old 04-21-2015 | 05:03 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Got in, thanks.
Old 04-21-2015 | 08:25 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

I'm here for both DMTD and the Mitty. In the black 996, #90.
Old 04-24-2015 | 01:28 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I saw you out there Jake but sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. Likewise wanna911,...it would've been nice to meet. Next time.

Peter K was there doing his thing. Always nice to see you Peter.

There was some impressive machinery that arrived there for the Mitty. Really cool collection of cars in the paddock and the F1/Indy/CanAm stuff really got my attention. So amazing and so well maintained and at the same time they see track time. That's just too cool.

I had a blast at the DMTD event and ran my PB of 1:29.7 and I know where there's more time. I just need to get my ***** together to add the speed especially going into T1. While this was just my second time at RA, it has really become a favorite. The elevation and blind characteristics of this track make it so much fun. This vid was right after lunch where there's usually a lull in traffic so I took advantage on some clean rubber. Lap 13 was my best.

Old 04-24-2015 | 05:17 PM
wanna911
Race Car

I saw you flying around out there, didn't even register that was you in that car or I would have come and introduced myself. Looked like a crazy mix of cars out there with enormous lap time differentials and car types. But seemed everyone played well together.
Old 04-24-2015 | 10:26 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Yes, I remember being lapped a time or two by that Formula Mazda.

Really impressive how well the open wheel cars meshed with the sports cars, everyone drove with great respect for one another. Had a blast!
Old 04-24-2015 | 11:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coochas
I saw you out there Jake but sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. Likewise wanna911,...it would've been nice to meet. Next time.

Peter K was there doing his thing. Always nice to see you Peter.

There was some impressive machinery that arrived there for the Mitty. Really cool collection of cars in the paddock and the F1/Indy/CanAm stuff really got my attention. So amazing and so well maintained and at the same time they see track time. That's just too cool.
Congrats on your PN! Nice to see you and Irene!

Here's a lap from my friend and client Ben Sinnott's 1997 Lola-Buick V-6 Indy Lights Car. Not bad for the end of his first day at this great track! Big thanks to Mark and David for running these fantastic learning environments. We went over a second and a half quicker, down in the :19's, on Thursday morning!

"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-25-2015 | 03:31 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
I saw you flying around out there, didn't even register that was you in that car or I would have come and introduced myself. Looked like a crazy mix of cars out there with enormous lap time differentials and car types. But seemed everyone played well together.
Next time~
Originally Posted by jakermc
Yes, I remember being lapped a time or two by that Formula Mazda.

Really impressive how well the open wheel cars meshed with the sports cars, everyone drove with great respect for one another. Had a blast!
I agree that overall people played nicely and safely together although there were a few cars out there driving at normal highway speeds which was a bit disconcerting.
Originally Posted by ProCoach
Congrats on your PN! Nice to see you and Irene!

Here's a lap from my friend and client Ben Sinnott's 1997 Lola-Buick V-6 Indy Lights Car. Not bad for the end of his first day at this great track! Big thanks to Mark and David for running these fantastic learning environments. We went over a second and a half quicker, down in the :19's, on Thursday morning!

Ben Test Day VBOX HD - YouTube
Ben was VERY fast in that car. My poor little FM couldn't keep up.
Do you know if that Audi prototype stayed for the Mitty and what kind of times it was turning?
Old 04-25-2015 | 05:24 PM
wanna911
Race Car

There was one BMW that looked dangerously off the pace. And I mean DANGEROUSLY. Couldn't imagine the closing speeds on that car. In the wrong spot could end badly. Others seemed at least bearably fast, even older low hp cars.
Old 04-25-2015 | 05:59 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
There was one BMW that looked dangerously off the pace. And I mean DANGEROUSLY. Couldn't imagine the closing speeds on that car. In the wrong spot could end badly. Others seemed at least bearably fast, even older low hp cars.
Go to 5:44 on my vid and keep in mind that my top speed is much lower than most of the cars at the event!

Quick Reply: DMTD Road Atlanta