Sponsored by:

Help with 991 Cup Car evaluation - Sepang F1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:10 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Help with 991 Cup Car evaluation - Sepang F1

I am considering purchasing a 991 cup car from a team in Asia. Car is currently stored at Sepang F1 circuit.

I am looking for someone that would be both knowledgeable re: cup cars and willing to help me shepherd this purchase through the process including quick inspection, help coordinating and overseeing loading into shipping container, etc.

Of course I am willing to pay a fee for this. I assume it would be a full or least 1/2 day work.

If anyone is interested please contact me via PM here. Thank you.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

As far as shipping, I'd recommend Kroll USA. They handle all Cup car imports for factory. I pm'd you an email contact.

Make sure the 2015 updates were completed or the price is adjusted to reflect if not. There are three major ones addressing shifter, gearing, and shocks. They're not cheap. It will allow you to run IMSA GT3 Challenge and above if interested and will definitely matter on resale.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:45 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

careful with all that. i know someone who looked at, negotiated, adn was on the verge of giving a deposit on a car in that area last year through someone posting it for sale up here. after a few weeks of negotiating, demand for some photos, it became known tha tthe car was at a dock in a container and until import/export taxes or some other tax dispute was resolved it wasnt going anywhere, and all the while the seller continued to claim he had a right to sell it, and it would be sent immediately. once the seller was told that the tax dispute was known, the seller disappeared.
just be careful.

Quick Reply: Help with 991 Cup Car evaluation - Sepang F1