333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Carlos jnr looks to be ascending.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:31 PM
joeykid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bore. Snooze fest F1, boresville. I would rather get my teeth drilled than watch anymore of this. 2014 was enough. Now we get to live it all over again in 2015. Perfect ending to the Chinese Gran Prix. I think they should end them all under yellow for the rest of the season. Made it look like the cars were bunched up In a heated battle. This was the only time other than the start you could see any other cars around the Mercedes. The only engine noises I actually heard were Renaults blowing up. F1 is broken.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,106 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by joeykid
What a bore. Snooze fest F1, boresville. I would rather get my teeth drilled than watch anymore of this. 2014 was enough. Now we get to live it all over again in 2015. Perfect ending to the Chinese Gran Prix. I think they should end them all under yellow for the rest of the season. Made it look like the cars were bunched up In a heated battle. This was the only time other than the start you could see any other cars around the Mercedes. The only engine noises I actually heard were Renaults blowing up. F1 is broken.
For the record, I would rather watch F1 than get my teeth drilled.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:57 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I personally found the race to be great. Perhaps not at the front so much, but there were certainly a few notables...

#1 Max Verstappen. This kid is amazing. Made the best overtakes, is very confident in the car and can rotate it as good as anyone. Did not lock up the tires once during passes at corner entry! What a shame about his engine. But he has a bright future ahead of him!

The Button/Maldonado scrap was great to watch. Too bad it ended in tears.

Ricciardo probably thought there are at least 4 Sauber cars in the race

Renault. Need I say more?

Nico. Srsly dude? If you think Lewis was too slow, you go ahead and overtake him. Plain and simple.

Kimi was matching Vettel in the last stint, I think they are pretty evenly matched. Loved his radio dispatches. Must've been fun for him to yell "Get this McLaren out of here" and lap his former teammate Alonso...

And speaking of Alonso, he was matching the leaders for pace at the end of the race. C'mon Honda, let's make this interesting!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Much more fun watching Porsche and Audi battle in 6hr WEC Silverstone race. Those cars rip and there's some really close racing.

Highlights video here for anyone interested: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...-highlights-2/
Old 04-13-2015, 09:46 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No surprises. Outcome was exactly what was expected. Ferrari, though improved, are still a second off the pace. Less in race trim, but I think Merc has a few 10ths left if they need them. Vettel's face in post qualifying news conference said it all. They thought they were closer going in and reality struck hard. I think finding that second is doable and will happen later in the year, but it will be too little, too late. Hamilton will run away with the championship this year. Nico's got nothing to challenge him with. Big yawn.

In season testing and engine development need to be opened up. Otherwise, we are looking at at least another year before there are competitive races and more back markers and Renault power cars will be gone. RBR may be gone by mid-season.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:21 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

I thought I was watching a DE...... that was hard to watch.....
Old 04-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

We're not the only ones taking notice.....

Chinese Grand Prix organisers say Formula 1 will need to change in order for Shanghai to extend its current deal to host the race.

The Chinese city has been part of the F1 calendar since the 2004 season, and its current contract expires after the 2017 event.

However, ticket sales have declined in recent years and the race lost UBS as its title sponsor after 2014, organisers failing to find a replacement for 2015.

Promoter Juss Events has cast doubt on the future of the race.

"Changes have to be made to the sport," Juss Events marketing manager Yang Yibin told the Shanghai Daily when asked if Shanghai will extend its contract.

"UBS was the title sponsor of last year's Chinese GP, but they didn't extend the contract this year, and there must be a reason for it.

"Maybe we can expect something new when we go into the post-Bernie [Ecclestone] era."

Yang believes less exciting races is one of the main reason for the declining audience.

"There are various reasons, like one team dominating several seasons and smaller teams finding it hard to challenge the bigger constructors." Yang said.

"The races are not as brilliant as they were a decade ago."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/or...nese-gp-future
Old 04-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Just add a Prada/LV/Hermes duty free shop on the premises and the locals will support.

But they definitely will not attend to watch their countyrmen marshalls perform a twenty-seven point turn to move a stalled car out of the way, that's for certain - don't care how close the racing is.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F1 is bad. And that's coming from a Hamilton fan. I thought the "Vettel years" were boring. But this is painful.

And there is no quick fix. The crazy aero combined with tire use and fuel use restrictions keep them from racing each other. So, then what's the point? Like Pete said- it's like watching DE parade laps.

Quick Reply: 2015 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix