Sponsored by:

Trac

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:45 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trac

Lets hear some reports... how was the event? I know there was discussion on here pre-race, what did you guys think? I understand there were a lot of incidents, which can be a damper on any weekend. However, the format sounded great with the enduros on monday.

Mitch
Old 09-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Every sprint race was cut short due to incidents. My race group was the middle one and several cars went off and had to be towed out, all done with a local yellow. One big wreck though, about 5 laps in, when a C class 993TT missed a shift at the exit of the kink and hit the inside wall very hard. Race was finished under double yellow.
The first group (E-I cars) had a red flag and was restarted but had a couple cars touch in turn one and one of them ended up on their roof.
The fastest group (Race group 1, I think) was cut short when a car lost its engine and three others promptly wrecked in the debris. I think the corner workers had enough and threw in the towel.

I didn't run the enduro so no idea how smoothly they went.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a mess... what do you attribute it all to? People driving over their heads?
Old 09-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Mitch,
It was a combo of things, lots of rookies, huge fields of cars (50-60 cars per run group), many racers from out of state (not as much exp. on this track) and RA is not a track, where you can get away with little mistakes without paying a price.
The Enduros on Monday were not without problems. Blue (stock class) had several cars in the traps and one big collision which I believe will be a total loss for both cars. The GT enduro was better as there were no write offs but several 13's.
Mike in Chi has a thread on the 993 board which will have more insight on the club race and weekend

Quick Reply: Trac