Sponsored by:

Sebring 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:40 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
It was a busy but fun week. Spent most of the time supporting our guys but did sneak in a little driving. My friend Joe T tossed me the "keys" to his car for the second sprint. I had a blast running up from dead last. Also had the chance to co drive with my imsa teammates jimmy m and mac m for the enduro's. Jimmy and I won h but unfortunately macs 997 cup broke a shifter before I had a chance to jump in. Awesome weather this year. Looking forward to the next Pca race in Atl.

One hell of a drive Cory- dead last to 3rd overall in the second sprint with little practice? And fastest lap of the weekend, in a borrowed car??
Not sure why you're not a paid driver in a pro series.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
One hell of a drive Cory-
He should be.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
One hell of a drive Cory- dead last to 3rd overall in the second sprint with little practice? And fastest lap of the weekend, in a borrowed car??
Cory drove my J Cayman #175 to a 2:21.5 on the test day with an extra 200 lbs in the car. Certainly a 2:20.X with the 200 lbs out. That time is faster than most of the GTB1 cars and we were on DOT tires. He's a stud alright.

Last edited by Chris P Lewis; 02-07-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
You are sneaky. You got by me in the second sprint race and I spent the rest of it hugging your bumper. Thought I had you a few times but it was never enough. Good racing - you made it exciting! Although it would have been more exciting to get the position back!
Yeah I saw you roll to the Enduro on stickers, I ran the first race on 11 cycle tires. I thought, well we will just see where he goes. I later saw you beached enjoying the sun and racing. Ya gotta finish!

Also as an observation, for a group of folks who are not supposed to hit each other, there was a lot of hittin" going on. I come from BMW CCA Club Racing, waaaaaayyy more contact. I wondered for a minute there if I had gotten into a NASA group. Chris
Old 02-02-2015, 05:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P Lewis
As an observation, for a group of folks who are not supposed to hit each other, there was a lot of hittin" going on. I come from BMW CCA Club Racing, waaaaaayyy more contact. I wondered for a minute there if I had gotten into a NASA group. Chris
Same experience here. My first PCA Club Race was this event three years ago and I've been to eight or ten since. Very surprised at the amount of contact in PCA Club Racing, coming in from a variety of other groups. Not that the organizers don't try their best to inculcate the right blend of risk versus caution... Just hard to see the effectiveness of that message, sometimes.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-02-2015, 05:23 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Actually, looks like something got disconnected there, Yonker! No RPM or information that was working last year.

We'll have to get you straight at Road Atlanta! Great driving, as usual.
It's no longer the PISTA dash I had before, but now a solo DL (new car). We couldn't get it to pick up the rpm from the obdII. As far as the lat/Long adjustments, I will have to look into that, or just bribe Peter to change it for me at RA
Old 02-02-2015, 05:35 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
The view from my seat:

(read the notes to the video )

http://youtu.be/-g5K7_Fzopg
Nice job Juan! Excellent!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Sebastian, you were fast all weekend. I had mechanical issue in Sprint 1, so didn't get to race and didn't have a time for the next race gridding. Had to start dead last in P51 for Sprint 2. Ran a 2.28 flat in Sprint 2, finished 2nd in F and 13 overall...peddled like crazy to catch you and passed 38 cars...super fun!! You have a great car and great driving! Would have been a great battle if we were next to each other. I figured you would see a 27 in the am...knew I had a little more with colder air.
Ahh thats you roger! Good to see that your on rennlist!

We were both unlucky as i only did 4 laps in race 1. Fuel pump went bad. What was ur mech problems?

You did a really good job on sprint 2, jeez 38 cars!! Great driving for sure! When i saw your 2:28 flat, i said to myself, i need to go out(enduro warm up) and try a 2;27, you put me pressure hehe

Race 2 wasnt good for me even if i finished 1st, tried to pass some H guys in front and ended loosing time.

Youre a really fast driver too.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice job Juan! Excellent!
Thanks and nice meeting you. We sat together at the award's ceremony. I like the watch!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
It's no longer the PISTA dash I had before, but now a solo DL (new car). We couldn't get it to pick up the rpm from the obdII. As far as the lat/Long adjustments, I will have to look into that, or just bribe Peter to change it for me at RA
Easy fix... No problem.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:50 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paseb
Ahh thats you roger! Good to see that your on rennlist!

We were both unlucky as i only did 4 laps in race 1. Fuel pump went bad. What was ur mech problems?

You did a really good job on sprint 2, jeez 38 cars!! Great driving for sure! When i saw your 2:28 flat, i said to myself, i need to go out(enduro warm up) and try a 2;27, you put me pressure hehe

Race 2 wasnt good for me even if i finished 1st, tried to pass some H guys in front and ended loosing time.

Youre a really fast driver too.
We stripped a wheel stud and we didn't have a spare. Took too long to find another one and I didn't get to go out.

Thanks man and congrats!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:53 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Thanks and nice meeting you. We sat together at the award's ceremony. I like the watch!
Great meeting you too Juan! Thanks! Finally getting to put some faces with the names here.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

We stripped a wheel stud and we didn't have a spare. Took too long to find another one and I didn't get to go out. Thanks man and congrats!!!
Wish we know each other in person, i have 2 spares with me, would be my pleasure to help a racing buddy.

Are you doing RA ?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:57 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P Lewis
Yeah I saw you roll to the Enduro on stickers, I ran the first race on 11 cycle tires. I thought, well we will just see where he goes. I later saw you beached enjoying the sun and racing. Ya gotta finish!

Also as an observation, for a group of folks who are not supposed to hit each other, there was a lot of hittin" going on. I come from BMW CCA Club Racing, waaaaaayyy more contact. I wondered for a minute there if I had gotten into a NASA group. Chris
The second sprint I was on used up tires as well because I was saving the stickers for the enduro. Even stickers have their limits, as I found out!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:58 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paseb
Wish we know each other in person, i have 2 spares with me, would be my pleasure to help a racing buddy.

Are you doing RA ?
Not sure yet, but it was much fun at Sebring, I really want to. I will def look you up if I get to go. The new company has me really stretched, which is a blessing. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Sebring 2015