Helmet-to-helmet comm system help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 PM
RedTele
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Helmet-to-helmet comm system help please

Hey Guys-help me out please...

Upcoming is my second season driving DE events. The only complaint I have is the inconsistencies in inter-cockpit communication with my DE coaches. I've had one or two with fairly good comm systems, several very marginal at best, and have even had to resort to yelling cross cockpit and using hand gestures dealing with non-functioning systems or none at all.

I'm thinking the best thing for me to do is to purchase my own system, then I'll be ready for whatever comes down the road.

Can you please give me some advice on helmet-to-helmet comm systems? I'd rather spend the extra $ for an above average system than spend another season dealing with marginal communications.

Thanks!

Rick
Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Chatterbox! If you have a full face helmet, you just mount all the fixed stuff in your helmet and give your instructor the student piece to stick up into his helmet! Good luck!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

As a coach, unless you have a far superior system I would insist on using my own. Often the volume has to be adjusted and only the person in the passenger seat should do this. It is also my privilege to retain my own headset. (Yes, I regularly clean the student end.). -- Mindy
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM
RedTele
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mhm993
As a coach, unless you have a far superior system I would insist on using my own. Often the volume has to be adjusted and only the person in the passenger seat should do this. It is also my privilege to retain my own headset. (Yes, I regularly clean the student end.). -- Mindy
I have zero problems with that - it's when the coach show up w/out a system or it craps out half way through the day...

I like being prepared.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 995 Likes on 595 Posts

You could get the stereo headset for the chatterbox and install it in your helmet. That would make your side much better. You could also carry a chatterbox with you just in case you need it.

There are really good rally systems, but they require both helmets to be professionally set up with speakers and mic. Stilo just released on that even has an equalizer to modify the sounds so they are easier to hear.

Quick Reply: Helmet-to-helmet comm system help please