Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion Rescheduled

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:43 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 104 Posts

Mark:

See other threads. PCA has yet to announce a process.

714evo:

I have some additional perspective on accommodations, so if interested in revisiting your decision, please send me a PM.

- Mike
Old 01-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

And for the record, there was only one PCA Club Racing group (7) at RR IV in 2011.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

If you are looking for accommodations in Salinas, please choose wisely. Some of the budget places there are "challenging" when it comes to noise, et cetera.

714evo, you have a pm.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:34 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Do these clowns know how difficult it is to get a room, rent a house, this time of year in Monterey? Makes me wonder if they know what the "F" they are doing. I came close to committing on a shared house, glad I didn't. Fell sorry for those that did!

Subject: Rennsport Reunion V Update - Date Change
Date: January 23, 2015 14:04:25 PM PST

Hello Porsche Family and Friends:

As the subject of this e-mail states, we’ve taken the unpleasant but necessary step(s) to move the date for Rennsport Reunion V, resolving the conflict with the World Endurance Championship (WEC) race in Fuji.

The new date is two weeks earlier, September 25 – 27, 2015.

I assure you the decision was not made lightly. We understand many of our enthusiastic fans have already made their hotel reservations, travel and vacation plans based off the earlier date. However, the fact that our 919 Hybrid LMP1 and 911 RSR teams, along with the factory works drivers and engineers that go with them can now attend our greatest celebration was just too powerful to ignore.

As we checked for alternative availability, rumors began circulating, especially in the past week and we wanted you to hear it from us first. There will be an official press release distributed shortly after 6:00 pm, EST today.

As always, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to seeing you all, more than ever, in Monterey in September!

Warm regards,

Dave

~~
Dave Engelman
Media Relations Manager - Motorsports and Brand Heritage

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Ahh Martin,
I had NO PROBLEMS getting or changing reservations in Monterey. And I am not paying anywhere near $1,000 a night. The key is to call the hotels directly, have a list of places to call and be ready to change on a dime. It is the off season, so look at places like Moss Landing or Santa Cruz. Or even Big Sur. A bit of a drive but it will fire you up.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Actually, PCA had two race groups at RRIV. #7 and #8. The last race, #8, was the Cup Cars. It was sanctioned by PCA Club Racing. I remember the cost to buy two race groups was not cheap.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:34 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Aaaarghhh. The new date conflicts with a long-scheduled business trip to China as well as an opportunity to race on a very private racetrack in a very interesting locale. Plus Susan Shire says that PCA still has no info as to a possible PCA Club Race at Rennsport V. Rennsport V now is a very distant third-best, I'm afraid.