Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MXL2 Display Background - Possible Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014 | 07:26 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question MXL2 Display Background - Possible Issue?

Just installed my MXL2 this afternoon in the 2001 GT3 Cup (NO Bosch ECU). First thing I did was update the software for RS3 to 3.03.12 and then updated the firmware on the MXL2 to current (via RS3 while connected to the dash via USB cable).

Dash powered up just fine. In my MXL2 configuration, I decided to take advantage of the background colors available for the dash and defined two different displays - one for daytime use with the normal background color and a second for nighttime driving using a red background color.

I transmitted the dash configuration from RS3 to the dash (via USB connection) and the dash accepted the new config and rebooted. When the dash came up, I could switch among the two displays using the assigned switching buttons, but the background would NOT change on my "Normal" display - it remained RED.

Has anyone else tried multiple pages with differing background colors? Perhaps I'm pushing the envelope just a bit with this config? I couldn't stay to test some modifications to the config to see if I could get rid of the red background. The display IS switching between "Normal" and "Night" display modes, but the background is NOT changing colors as it is supposed to.

Any suggestions?

Toby
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I have NOT loaded a config with the red background yet.

Who is your dealer? Call them first?
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-21-2014 | 07:36 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just checking here to see if anyone had tried this function - hoping to share/gain experiences.
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:37 PM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Toby me thinks you have a gremlin in the car for night display issues with your dashes
Old 12-21-2014 | 07:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Toby, have you loaded alternate (red) backgrounds for any of the alarms? If so, try dsabling those and check again.
Old 12-21-2014 | 08:09 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Toby me thinks you have a gremlin in the car for night display issues with your dashes

OK, OK....... I surrender!
Old 12-21-2014 | 08:10 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Toby, have you loaded alternate (red) backgrounds for any of the alarms? If so, try dsabling those and check again.
Peter, no I haven't loaded any alternate backgrounds for any of the alarms. I am only displaying a message for an Over-rev.

Interesting point though Peter.... there is an option for a message and a background color. Does the background color for the message turn the entire background of the display that color? Or does it only affect the background for the message area?
Old 12-21-2014 | 09:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I don't know, but I do enable the different color background for alarm messages in every one of the even dozen I've sent out.

I know it takes a brick through the window to get some driver's attention, sometimes. Hahaha!
Old 12-22-2014 | 08:08 PM
wparente
Intermediate

The little bit that I have played with it, the alarm message seems to turn all of the display red not just the individual message.
Old 12-22-2014 | 08:35 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by wparente
The little bit that I have played with it, the alarm message seems to turn all of the display red not just the individual message.
You are correct, if you configure an alarm to change the background color to red, the entire display background color is red for the duration of the alarm. On the systems I have configured this has worked great.
Old 12-22-2014 | 10:11 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

This may be the issue. I'll go back and re-configure and test.

Quick Reply: MXL2 Display Background - Possible Issue?