Sponsored by:

PCA HPDE at Barber, December 12 and 13

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
Default PCA HPDE at Barber, December 12 and 13

Our last event of the year, still room in all groups, so sign up soon if you plan to come. Event can be found on clubregistration.net, search under Alabama PCA. I do see some names from RL, but we would love to see more.

Tim
----------
CDI - Alabama Region PCA

Last edited by Lemming; 11-26-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Will check it out. Thx for the info.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Still time to register, limited spots in all groups except Instructor. Long-term forecast is showing low 60's and sunny!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
j patterson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Thanks for this heads up. I might be able to do this one. Couple of questions. I'm new to PCA but have 9 years DE experience. 60+ days, about 25 at Barber. (I live in Trussville) Black group solo with Audi Club. A group solo with BMWCCA. BimmerWorld club racing school at Barber 2011. Totally stock Cayman S (other than brake pads) on Pilot Super Sports. What group should I be in? Do I register for a group, or will organizers place according to experience? I would rather not be grouped with a bunch of sub 1' 45" cars. THAT gets kind of depressing :-) How large are your run groups? (I just did Audi Club VIR in a 50 car advanced group. THAT was kind of busy for the first lap or two each session.) Thanks again!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:51 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Current Club Race License but haven't DE'd with you folks. Could I register solo? No passenger seat/belts installed.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:37 AM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Lemming;11855341]Still time to register, limited spots in all groups except Instructor. Long-term forecast is showing low 60's and sunny!

Keep the forecast in check, kyrocks and I are heading over from Dallas.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:33 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 744 Likes on 366 Posts

Tim
Damn...was hoping we could make it but after two weekends with the new motor/oil system we found a few small tweaks that need to be changed...Nothing major, but a little time consuming (mostly oil line and system corrections)

Anyone on the fence...you should definitely go to this! Alabama Region team is great, track is AWESOME, we always have a great time with these guys...

Hope to make your March event!!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by j patterson
Hello, Thanks for this heads up. I might be able to do this one. Couple of questions. I'm new to PCA but have 9 years DE experience. 60+ days, about 25 at Barber. (I live in Trussville) Black group solo with Audi Club. A group solo with BMWCCA. BimmerWorld club racing school at Barber 2011. Totally stock Cayman S (other than brake pads) on Pilot Super Sports. What group should I be in? Do I register for a group, or will organizers place according to experience? I would rather not be grouped with a bunch of sub 1' 45" cars. THAT gets kind of depressing :-) How large are your run groups? (I just did Audi Club VIR in a 50 car advanced group. THAT was kind of busy for the first lap or two each session.) Thanks again!
J - We are down in numbers so have combined groups 3/4 for this event and currently only have 20 in that group. Group 5 (open passing/instructors) is filled with 35. If you are out there lapping the field, I'm happy to give yo a check ride for possible 5 advancement at our next event.

Originally Posted by chrisc
Current Club Race License but haven't DE'd with you folks. Could I register solo? No passenger seat/belts installed.
Chris - yes, see above.

Originally Posted by zweebach

Keep the forecast in check, kyrocks and I are heading over from Dallas.
I'll do my best sun dance!

Originally Posted by naroescape
Tim
Damn...was hoping we could make it but after two weekends with the new motor/oil system we found a few small tweaks that need to be changed...Nothing major, but a little time consuming (mostly oil line and system corrections)

Anyone on the fence...you should definitely go to this! Alabama Region team is great, track is AWESOME, we always have a great time with these guys...

Hope to make your March event!!
Sorry you can't make it, hopefully see you in March.

For this event we are running a 4 group format. Saturday you will get 3 - 25 minute sessions and 1 - 30 minutes session. Sunday is 4 - 30 minute sessions. Saturday night we put on a social at the local Ruby Tuesdays, we provide lots of food, you buy your own drinks. It's always a good time.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:30 PM
j patterson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lemming
J - We are down in numbers so have combined groups 3/4 for this event and currently only have 20 in that group. Group 5 (open passing/instructors) is filled with 35. If you are out there lapping the field, I'm happy to give yo a check ride for possible 5 advancement at our next event.
Thanks for that info. Sounds good. I was not worried about ME lapping anyone. More the other way around :-) THAT is not a problem either though if there are only 20 or so in a group. (I've been lapped before :-) )

I'll check my family obligations and see if I can join you.

Last edited by j patterson; 12-07-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Signed up and looking forward to it. I hope that forecast holds!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by j patterson
Thanks for that info. Sounds good. I was not worried about ME lapping anyone. More the other way around :-) THAT is not a problem either though if there are only 20 or so in a group. (I've been lapped before :-) )

I'll check my family obligations and see if I can join you.
Sorry, I'm used to people complaining about slower cars! Don't wait too long, registration will be closing soon.

Weather is still looking good.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:26 PM
j patterson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lemming
Sorry, I'm used to people complaining about slower cars! Don't wait too long, registration will be closing soon.

Weather is still looking good.
Tim-- Thanks for all the info. As much as I would like to get one more weekend in this year, especially at Barber and to meet all of you, It looks like this weekend is just too complicated for me to register. I WILL catch y'all next year however. Tell Porter hello for me. He is my neighbor at the lake.

John Patterson

Quick Reply: PCA HPDE at Barber, December 12 and 13