Sponsored by:

imsa site and sub-sites just suck plain and simple

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:49 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default imsa site and sub-sites just suck plain and simple

stop making excuses for them. their websites suck. i traverse websites, i build websites. their website blows. all the various subsites, gt3, lambo, etc.
what a disservice. we bring it up, someone says Oh, you can just find it here. bullcrap i say. maybe someone knows how to find something but its not uniform from subsite to subsite.

how does one find the streaming video for the lambo race going on right now? how about streaming results? on the site? i just wasted 10 minutes trying to find it, googled it, found a reference to a twitter link.
Round 9 for #LSTNA @RoadAtlanta will be live streamed here: http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/en/live-usa starting at 11:25 a.m. (ET). #SuperTrofeo
and of ocurse the link doesnt work.

makes it hard to be a fan of their racing.
wc and trans am are 10x easier.

and the site looks stupid. bad info in bad places, hard to navigate.
ugh.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Grand Am was arguably worse but probably comparable. I once called them a few years ago and actually talked to a programmer who sounded astounded that I was having difficulty navigating their site. I told him trying to find results, timing & scoring, or live video all on different pages with links placed randomly around the pages was burdensome. The concept of a logical layout escaped him. Oh well, IMSA's is a little easier once you get thru it a few times. Hell I'm a wizard now....
Old 10-02-2014, 02:24 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Agreed. I've visited the IMSA Tudor site and can never find what I'm looking for.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:51 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,113 Likes on 1,841 Posts

This problem occurs when the programmer, who has lived and breathed the website during its birth, is the one who decides if it is user friendly or not.

Outside testing is the key. I have this complaint with a banking website I have to use several times a day for my business. After a while you just memorize where the brain damaged programmer thought everything belonged.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:56 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 601 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
stop making excuses for them. their websites suck. i traverse websites, i build websites. their website blows. all the various subsites, gt3, lambo, etc.
what a disservice. we bring it up, someone says Oh, you can just find it here. bullcrap i say. maybe someone knows how to find something but its not uniform from subsite to subsite.

how does one find the streaming video for the lambo race going on right now? how about streaming results? on the site? i just wasted 10 minutes trying to find it, googled it, found a reference to a twitter link.
Round 9 for #LSTNA @RoadAtlanta will be live streamed here: http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/en/live-usa starting at 11:25 a.m. (ET). #SuperTrofeo
and of ocurse the link doesnt work.

makes it hard to be a fan of their racing.
wc and trans am are 10x easier.

and the site looks stupid. bad info in bad places, hard to navigate.
ugh.

I believe that the Grand-Am site in its final year was better than all of the years before, combined. I will not comment on the existing site as I have already read exactly the same sentiment. I will however ask that you take pity on me and help me find someone to spruce up our web site. Yours rocked. Ours is 8 years stale. Can you help godfather?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PJorgen
Agreed. I've visited the IMSA Tudor site and can never find what I'm looking for.
I agree. I've had to click way too many times for simple info that should be easy to find.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,870 Likes on 968 Posts

fanschoice.tv (http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live?view=default) broadcasts many of the races live. I watched the GT3 Challenge race this afternoon. Fantastic late race pass for the win (i'll not spoil it here if anyone hasn't seen it).

imsa.com live streams timing for many of the races.

and yeah, site needs help.

Quick Reply: imsa site and sub-sites just suck plain and simple