Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

915 Transmission Ring / Pinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:08 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Jerry Woods Enterprises has developed a very nice clutch kit for 915 based cars. I will be running it in my race car soon. Give them a call.....
Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Thanks Matt, that's what I was looking for

Zotz Racing takes care of my car....was going to have Ron call you this week to discuss

You are correct...quaife is not a lsd lol, but it is what is in the box

Another question anyone have experience with the wevo / ap 915 clutch kit?
You are welcome.

And don't get me wrong. TBDs have their place. I have one in my 914 and freaking love it. It's the tech geek in me that feels the need to proclaim that TBDs are not LSDs because if you go to the Quaife site they claim to sell LSDs. They've never sold an LSD in their lives.

When Ron calls, we'll sort it out. Long term customer and relationship. Runs my stuff in his ow cars.

As for the clutch? I tend to ignore things outside of the actual gearbox, though I suspect that will be changing shortly. I have a couple new engines and chassis that are going to require that I learn what is what before I spend my hard earned dollars...
Old 09-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
As for the clutch? I tend to ignore things outside of the actual gearbox, though I suspect that will be changing shortly. I have a couple new engines and chassis that are going to require that I learn what is what before I spend my hard earned dollars...
Hopefully you or someone can help sort out the clutch.....its a tough one for me. Both of my transmissions are regeared (with your stuff and mainshaft) with a very (70-75mph) tall 1st gear. Cant really run a Tilton / JB set up...without destroying the clutch when starting the car.

I have been running the Sachs RSR pressure plate...and destroyed one earlier this season. Took out most of the bellhousing and one of the ears on the engine. Total PITA to get the trans and case fixed. Of course I have the same time bomb in the car again right now

The AP / WEVO set-up is interesting to me, hoping someone has used it in a high HP car / race environment....also interested in the Jerry Woods solution...but not looking to test anyting

Also not real interested in switching to a hydraulic clutch

Here is a picture of the exploded pressure plate....and side cover.....id this an Albins side cover?
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

California Motorsports has a nice looking setup that allows you to keep the same clutch setup and not need an annular release bearing. Doesn't solve the problem of which clutch to run. If you have crew, just get them to push you off.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:48 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
....also interested in the Jerry Woods solution...but not looking to test anyting
The Jerry Woods solution does not need to be tested. It has been working quite well in Spec 911 cars and a 400+ HP 3.8L monster 911 GT2 car.

I too have an "active" first gear that is good for 74 MPH at 7000 RPM.

I have been using a lightweight Kennedy Engineering/Clutchnet setup. The problem I have been experiencing is wearing through the steel surface on the aluminum pressure plate. It's hard when you don't have a proper 1st gear.

I am switching to the Jerry Woods setup because the friction surface of the pressure plate is steel through and through which should survive better than what I am using. The clutch is a four button (or puck, if you prefer) style.

Call JWE and see what they have to say.

Quick Reply: 915 Transmission Ring / Pinion