Sponsored by:

Road America Club Race Rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 09:02 AM
GlenL
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Eric in Chicago
Glen,BuckDr1 If you guys are sticking around for the free track time on Monday I am looking for a couple of people to help with my pit stop in the Enduro (Sun morning), check air pressure, hold a fire ext. ect. I think we have a 5 min. stop. Let me know if your interested as I need all the help I can get !!!
Eric,

I plan to be pit crew for someone in the enduro. I have volunteered, generally, to help some 928 guys. They might be covered and I'd be happy help you out in that case.

I'll have a brown 928 number 865. If you're going to be short some help let me know.

As a Chief Driving Instructor, could you inform me about clothing requirements for pit crew. I understand that the gas man needs a helmet and racing suit. What about other over-wall help? Age limits?

BTW - I'm lead driver for Spaceball Racing: "We Brake for Nobody"
Old 08-16-2003, 09:19 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric, I may also be commited to some of the "guys' in the trailer that's hauling our cars from here in CT. I think I'm the only Newbie, as the other 5 are all Club Racers. But I'll know more next weekend as most of us are DEing @ Lime Rock. If time allows I'll be happy to pitch in. In any event I'll keep an eye out for you & vise/versa, so we can @ least meet in person!
Is there going to be a Rennlist get together of any sort?
This sounds like its going to a blast.
Bill
Guards Red 964 C2- # 174
Old 08-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

buckdr

HWFM Racing is open to any rennlister with more wit than speed. So far we've managed to find 60 who qualify.

Of course there is the initation that can be completed by buying the Team Founder a few beers at Siebkens.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:38 PM
James Achard
Pro

All, I'm one of the guys on Dan's Trailer( I 'm coming from Boston). Bill, we're staying at the Oshtoff. Look forward to seeing you there!!!

Mike, Eric and Crew, We look forward to meeting you all!!! We will definitely stop by!!

Cheers, James
Old 08-18-2003, 04:35 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

James, We might have try and buy our way into the HWFM Club.
Just dropped my car off @ Dan's for Tech for Lime Rock this Fri/Sat, will you be in attendence?
Also Robin gave us a copy of Osthoff Reservations. We should be arriving Milleewaukee(as Alice Cooper once said) @ 12:50 PM Thursday & assume it'll take an hour or so to get to the place. See you all there.
Bill
Old 08-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

GlenL,
"Chief Driving Instructor" for HWFM Racing means that I know almost nothing!!! To go ove the wall for the pitstops you must have a helmet and fire suit.
James, beer buys membership into HWFM along with the promise to uphold out moto "slow in,slow out, slow down the straights"
I hope both you an Glen stop by and say hello. Our paddock will consist of
Red 993 Cab, Black 944,White 911,Yellow 993 RS,Silver Boxster,Silver 996 and probaly a few more cars that I am missing. Look for the turtle banner!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Eric

Charlie and his Black Turbo-look Carrera (looks faster than it is) and Chuck and his purple 968 will also be there.

Buck and James

Look forward to meeting you guys

Mike
Old 08-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Eric in Chicago
Our paddock will consist of Red 993 Cab, Black 944,White 911,Yellow 993 RS,Silver Boxster,Silver 996 and probaly a few more cars that I am missing. Look for the turtle banner!
Add a black 993 RS and a silver 993TT to that list also. I hope you stake out a big area.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Maybe HWFM Racing can take over Duck Waddle's Motor Home and that row to the west of it.

Hell, we could chip in and put him up in the American Club.

I second that Greg -- we'll need a lot of space. This will be the biggest Turtle Pond yet.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:09 AM
James Achard
Pro

Hey, Is Duck going to be there?? This is great news!!!! He was my Skippy Instructor at Moroso!!

Regardin the Beer, Do you folks have any preference, lager, stout, ale, etc.? I have a line on some good local boston brews( good friend of mine owns a microbrewery here in town....)

Cheers, James
Old 08-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by James Achard
Regardin the Beer, Do you folks have any preference, lager, stout, ale, etc.? I have a line on some good local boston brews( good friend of mine owns a microbrewery here in town....)

I think if it is cold and wet it will meet the criteria. Most of the HWFM crowd are not to particular.

Old 08-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by James Achard

I think if it is cold and wet it will meet the criteria. Most of the HWFM crowd are not to particular.

i've noticed the team particularly enjoys beers purchased on the opm method.

James

Duck is often there. RA is usually his base for the summer. maybe we can get a sticker on his motorhome.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:42 PM
James Achard
Pro

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
quote:

i've noticed the team particularly enjoys beers purchased on the opm method.

James

Duck is often there. RA is usually his base for the summer. maybe we can get a sticker on his motorhome.
Mike, Please explain "opm" to this student driver on the information superhighway....
Old 08-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

opm=other people's money

Even better than beer with OPM is mods or track time with OPM.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duck was my instructor at RA over Memorial Day, and again at Skippy last month. There was a pic showing him tooling around the VIR track on the day it opened back in 1957 or something! What's that expression about forgetting more than I'll ever learn?!

James,

If you like beer, you really owe it yourself to seek out the Turtle Pond at Indy's F1 race this year. We have one cooler that holds something like 4 cases. It comes with wheels, like an airline suitcase. Available without a prescription.

Last edited by Anir; 08-19-2003 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Road America Club Race Rennlisters