Sponsored by:

AIM Race studio 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

I saw this with Traqmate and Race Technology many years ago. No big deal...

It's a great feature to have!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 969 Likes on 582 Posts

That makes sense. Everything was always right everywhere else, so I just ignored it.

Thanks for the time formulas!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:57 PM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i dont mean to sound dense but that was my original question
roger ,you say the math channel is
Full_TPS LapPT: (Full_TPS LapT*100)/time()
my question was , "time" where does this come from
i know you can graph full throttle as a function of lap time but if you are writing a math channel doesnt there have to be a factor or number that is "time" where does this come from
lap times are in min.sec.ms how is this converted to a factor that can e used in the equation
Old 06-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Caddell
Instructor

No problem Cetom,

AiM's Math Channel programming gives us the 'time()' function so you and I do not need to do the formula writing you are asking about.

In the formula we are talking about and you included in your post, when we take the prior calculated 'Full_TPS LapT' value, multiply it by 100 and then divide the result by the AiM time() function, the result is the cumulative % of time wherever you place your cursor for the lap you have active. Hope that helps.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:13 PM
cetom
Instructor

fantastic i will give it a try
thank you
Old 06-21-2014, 10:09 AM
cetom
Instructor

ok so bear with me
in the math channel writer "time'" is a "function" so you have to put something in the ()
if i want % of full throttle at an spot in the lap or max % at the end of the lap time as an "identifier"would have to go in the () thats the part i can figure out .
so if the cahnnel is written as
(Full_TPS LapT*100)/time the math cahnnel writer will give an error message
i must be doing something wrong i cant get the denominator to read the total lap time or the lap time at any position
thank
Old 06-21-2014, 05:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Did you create the channel Full_TPS On?
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 PM
cetom
Instructor

yes
Old 06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Put the parentheses after time with nothing in them. It's not a function like you are thinking.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:25 AM
cetom
Instructor

thank you Matt,peter,and roger. that was the piece i just didnt understand ie,a set of empty (). looking back at this post it is exactly as roger had written it . thanks
so i wrote the channel and i am looking at a lap at wgi . it starts at wot on the front straight so 100% and then hovers at the 49%-52% range throughout the rest of the lap (except for the S"s ). does that sound about right
thank you very much
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help

Cetom, I very much appreciate your questions regarding RS2. I've learned alot from the responses by Matt, Peter and Roger over the past few months.

I've tried to set up the math channels as described above, but I'm striking out. The result so far is a flat line at a zero level for Full_TPS On, Full_TPS LapPT, and Full_TPS LapPD.

As you can see from the attached my throttle channel is P911_PPS. The graph for that looks correct.

However when I setup the math channel for Full_TPS On, the result is the flat line graph at zero.

I had initially set the math channel up as "Full_TPS On", and got the zero output, same as the current "Full_P911_PPS On".

What am I missing here?

TIA
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The scale in the channel is too big. Change it to full scale 2, zero scale 0. The data is there you just can't see it.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Matt is correct.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 AM
cetom
Instructor

hi johnPG. as you can tell i am in the steep part of the learning curve too. what i have found is that if you want to get good at this you have to know why you are doing something and not just what to do (at least that works for me). so matt and roger are obviously correct but the reason is important . your math channel is written so if the measure or identifier (in this case ,throttle)is on then the result is 1 and if off then result is 0. so the scale has to be much smaller ,the recommendation being 2. although i have not tried it i suppose the alternative solution is to make the output be 100 if on and 0 if off . then your scale could stay pretty much where it is .
every time i write a new math channel i force myself to look at the scale and 0 . if not you will almost always end up rewriting FWIW
Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 AM
cetom
Instructor

BTW the math channels for %throttle on for lap time or lap distance works well and they are actually pretty cool once you figure out what you are looking at . they dont however really answer or serve the purpose i am looking for .
in my channel report i am trying for each lap to determine what %of the time or distance of the full lap that i am at full throttle . these channels tell me the % at any particular point on a measures graph but not the % at the end of a lap as it relates to a channel report . for that i think i need the time the full throttle was "on" as the numerator but i still think i need to know (or rs2 needs to know) the total lap time so that it can populate a channel report of "%wot_lap. i have not found yet how to do this
the work around i am going to try for the denominator is "rpm_on",then" RPMT_on" with rpm on being defined as rpm>500. i think this will give me a true lap time we will see

Quick Reply: AIM Race studio 2 question