Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMHO the best lap timer and lap time analysis app for Android...RaceChrono

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Kaizu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMHO the best lap timer and lap time analysis app for Android...RaceChrono

I tried to search but found only this one comment:
Originally Posted by Dan39
$400 for lap timing? Get RaceChrono for your Android - it's $24 cheaper than the $24 the iPhone suckers pay for Harry's Laptimer. Works perfectly.
Anyways, if you have Android phone or tablet, check out RaceChrono app in Google Play Store.

It's excellent app for lap timing (when you use external high frequency GPS like Garmin Glo) but what I like the most is that you can really improve your laps with its analysis functions and what's the cost...ZERO. So this isn't advertising! Just get phone mount and external GPS and you have very easy to use analysis tool in your pocket.

Yet, there's the RaceChrono Pro version with video, OBDII support etc. and even more functions added all the time: http://www.racechrono.com/news/?p=453

This is coming from Finland btw My friend does both coding and testing while I focus only on testing

Very proud of his work as I've used lots of lap timing solutions in racing. I do also coaching and this brings much needed lap time analysis for all level of drivers without investing $$$. Would appreciate to hear your opinions
Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 AM
SealGrey986
Track Day

Back in the days I already used RaceChrono for Symbian! Good you have it for Android phones now. That's a solid app for lapping and analysis. Just mount an external bluetooth GPS near your window for most accurate data (5Hz or 10Hz).
Old 06-16-2014, 08:32 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,769 Posts

RaceChrono is pretty good.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-05-2014, 04:13 AM
Kaizu
Instructor

Now external camera support (such as GoPro) added to RaceChrono!
http://www.racechrono.com/news/?p=480

Tutorial for this:

And an example with GoPro:

Quick Reply: IMHO the best lap timer and lap time analysis app for Android...RaceChrono