Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly moving to Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014 | 08:54 AM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Default Possibly moving to Denver

We may be moving to Denver in the near future. Are there good tracks within a few hours drive? Within 8 hours drive? I really hope so.
Jim
Old 06-09-2014 | 09:47 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

High Plains 50 minutes east of the airport....

Great track!
Old 06-09-2014 | 10:58 AM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Good article two months ago on this topic by Chris Lennon in High Gear, the award-winning RMR-PCA magazine. High Plains Raceway is an hour east of the airport. Superb track, with lots of DEs and races; article about HPR in the April issue of Victory Lane (attached photo taken there). This Saturday RMR-PCA ran its annual Ladies Day DE at the State Patrol track in Golden (not otherwise available). This weekend Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing will be racing at Pueblo Motorsports Park, about two hours south of Denver. AMR-PCA and RMVR run DEs and races at Pikes Peak International Raceway about an hour and a half south of Denver. AMR-PCA and SWMS run DEs and races at La Junta, about 3 hours SE of Denver. Miller Motorsports Park in Utah is a bit farther afield. RMVR also runs an annual Labor Day race at Hastings, in Nebraska. Then, of course, there is the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb, at which Chris Lennon won class three years ago. He led an PCA drive up it yesterday.

Last edited by raspritz; 06-09-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 06-09-2014 | 11:43 AM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Felling better. Just got home from a great weekend at Watkins Glen last night. Heading to Lime Rock in two weeks and LCMT in 3 weeks. She hit me with this moving thing this morning. We are heading to Denver Thursday or Friday to look at a job and the area. We have friends there so that will be nice. I imagine the PCA crowd is great there as it is here so I will not be too homesick
Old 06-09-2014 | 05:48 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

There's also Peublo, Pikes Peak, Miller and Kansas if you look at a day's drive. Lastly there is a new country club track breaking ground soon out by DIA.
Old 06-09-2014 | 06:47 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Say it ain't so Jim! We will definitely miss you if you go. No Watkins Glen within 8 hrs
Old 06-09-2014 | 07:02 PM
Steamboat
Instructor

Jim, Here are a couple of links to whet your appetite:
http://rmr.pca.org/
http://highplainsraceway.com/
http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

Good luck!
PS There's usually a couple of us who drive to Road America for an event each year. Long trip, but well worth it!!
Old 06-09-2014 | 07:47 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTgears
There's also Peublo, Pikes Peak, Miller and Kansas if you look at a day's drive. Lastly there is a new country club track breaking ground soon out by DIA.
I think those of us who have been around awhile will believe the Altezza track when it happens. This is at least the third of such projects, and Altezza first announced they were "breaking ground soon" a year and a half ago, with subsequent radio silence for over a year now.

But enjoy your trip to Denver. We have by far the highest quality of life of anywhere I've ever lived.
Old 06-09-2014 | 09:25 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Possibly moving to Denver