Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding F-1 car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014 | 03:24 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
My daughter used to refer to the start of F1 races as sounding like "angry bees". She doesn't say that anymore. Sad.
That's funny, because I tell others that "TODAY'S" Indy League sounds like a lot of Low Toned Bubbles Bees all bunched up together since they are so closely engineered. While in F1 during the Race you can actually here the Difference between cars as the race develops and cars scatter throughout the course!

The Ferrari Sounds very nice. Lucas used a lot of F1 sounds during Episode I during the race scene. That movie was filmed primarily through 95-98, released 99! So we're probably hearing the same Vintage.

We have to talk about Era's of F1 cars because each era has their Song.

I really like the V10 Renaults when they were turning out almost 1000 BHP.

But then, if you could get it working right, the BRM V16 Engine at WOT in person is just plane scary! And that was with just 1.5 Liters and TWO, count`em TWO, Supepchargers. And that was back in the wild Circus Atmosphere days of F1 in the early 1950s and it took BIG ***** to drive something like that. No way in hell would I race something like that for the era and safety record. You literally had to be willing to Die each race and that is what it took to win. Fangio had a pretty big set for himself to do what he managed to do.

Also in 2007 & 2008 with the engine's revving up to 19,000 RPMs was just plane silly - talking about Shrieking, no wonder the FIA ruled them down to 18,000 RPM in 2009. And now we're down to what 15K for reliability.

I'm just grateful the FIA made the Decision to totally revamp the engine's systems for this season to help juggle and upset the "Order of Things". So happy Vettel and RedBull aren't at the Top like always. And it really shows how much of a class act The Mercedes Silver Arrows are.

But we will see what happens when Honda starts to Supply engine's for next year - heck you only need to rev them up to 15K. In the Infinite word's of Jeremy Clarkson "How hard can it be?"?

thx...........was fortunate to see the British and German GPs 1990 when Senna was in the McLaren V10 and Mansell in Ferraris V12......I can still see and hear the cars going into Silverstones Copse and Abbey and out of the forest in Hockenheim........raises the hair on my neck to this day wonderful
I would give my left ******** for that opportunity - barely in high school in 1990.

I met Nigel Mansell when he raced for Newman Haus at a K-Mart during that year's Long Beach Grand Prix and got his Autograph. What a Bloke. The line was literally a mile long but he took his time with everyone. And I nearly flipped because most people were there with F1 Materials for him to sign. Didn't know there was such a huge following here in the states. And to thing they actually raced F1 in Long Beach a Couple of times. Forget that crap in Texas, bring it back to the LBC. And sorry if you're from Texas, it's where 80% of my Family comes from.
Old 05-26-2014 | 03:45 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

The 412T1 (along with the 640 and 641 from a few years earlier) was awesome, but one of my favorites is the Matra (French aerospace manufacturer that dabbled in sports cars and F1 for awhile). The MS11 F1 (as well as the Ligiers that used their V-12) and the MS650 and 670 sports cars were AMAZING!

Someone notable once described the sound of the Matra V-12 as "nuclear war on wheels..." More apt than one might think!
Old 05-26-2014 | 06:52 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Go to the 320 mark

Quick Reply: Best sounding F-1 car