Sponsored by:

986 Momo Shirt Size

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:30 AM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 986 Momo Shirt Size

I looking at the 986 Momo Cool Shirt. I can't find a size chart anywhere. Is sizing the same as the FAST Shirts? Should it be a snug fit? I normally take a meduim in the FAST Shirt, I'm 5' 11' 200lbs.

Also it looks like it connects directly to FAST tubing without adaptors?

Thanks,

JF
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My information is from last year, so may be out of date... My momo shirt was a -compression- shirt, which means it fits snug and does not have as much stretch as a normal tee. If a standard medium fits snug on you, it might be worth considering a step up. I would ask the shop you are purchasing it from about sizing.

Cool shirt hose connections are different from the momo. Both are same size, but one has metal locking clips and other has plastic. I had to swap connections to put momo on cool shirt cooler.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want the MOMO shirt to be snug to get the best out of their bladder system (and it works great).
It will connect to the FAST system w/o adapters.

I love mine and it's much more effective for me than the Cool Shirt.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:49 PM
loxner

+1 for these shirts. I'm 6'0" 175lbs, and the Medium size fits me very well.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm about your size and will run out to the trailer in a sec to see what size.....

WAIT, I don't like the Momo shirt. PM me and I will send you mine, (used once) if it fits, you may buy it from me cheep.

Cheers, KB edit: I use a FAST shirt - same connectors, no adaptors.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default MOMO 986 shirt sizing

The majority of our customers go up a size on these. MOMO also makes adapters (they are kind of expensive) but makes the connectors work with Cool Shirt and you unclick them to use direct with FAST.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 308 Likes on 149 Posts

Bumping this thread since it seems relevant - the idea of the MOMO shirt seems great, but what about concerns over the shirt material itself melting under a suit?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default MOMO ADC Pro Shirts

That was a concern of ours in offering these to our customers. They are not fire retardant and will melt if caught on fire which is scary. However, some customers still purchase them. They claim the MOMO shirts cool better than the standard cool water shirts with the tubing.

Cool Shirt also makes a compression shirt similar to the MOMO shirt but it has tubing sewn on it instead of the solid bladder system. Again, the Cool Shirt compression shirt is an UnderArmour branded shirt that will melt if caught on fire.

The other nice feature is the compression shirts wick away extra moisture.
We normally explain the issues with customers when purchasing them so they are aware of the pros and cons.

http://www.apexperformance.net/prod-2258.htm
Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I love my MOMO cool shirt , plugs right into my FAST system, no adaptors required..Keeps me much cooler than the FAST shirt ever did...I do worry about the material not being fireproof...I am wearing nomex on top of the shirt, not sure if that would help protect me in the event of a serious fire though.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 AM
Hode07
2nd Gear

Nowadays the Leggings I am becoming the integral part of the workout sessions. The reason is that they are very simple, easy to wear, flexible and come in a huge variety of designs as well as colors. I have many pairs of partnered tights and mesh leggings which I love a lot.

Quick Reply: 986 Momo Shirt Size