FS: 2011 Porsche Cayman S Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i spoke with owner
PDK is new b/c the old one didn't have LSD. to install a good after mkt LSD, the tranny must have oem LSD to begin with. so, owner put a new cay r PDK in the car (they come with LSD from factory), then worked in the aftermkt LSD.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:06 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i spoke with owner
PDK is new b/c the old one didn't have LSD. to install a good after mkt LSD, the tranny must have oem LSD to begin with. so, owner put a new cay r PDK in the car (they come with LSD from factory), then worked in the aftermkt LSD.

Correction, at the time this car was built you had to have a factory LSD gearbox if you wanted to replace it with one of ours. Subsequently we have produced one that will fit in the non-LSD PDK. However due to size constraints it is a much smaller unit. If I was building a racecar I would still want to start with the factory LSD version of this gearbox.

Ps. The open version is so popular that BGB has sold out the whole first production run in less than 6 months. We are making more.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to the sale of a nice car...
Old 05-07-2014, 04:11 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTgears
Correction, at the time this car was built you had to have a factory LSD gearbox if you wanted to replace it with one of ours. Subsequently we have produced one that will fit in the non-LSD PDK. However due to size constraints it is a much smaller unit. If I was building a racecar I would still want to start with the factory LSD version of this gearbox.
I have one of these LSD's and the change in performance is staggering. Also, my rear calipers are not chocolate, so I am assuming the LSD might factor into this. Downside is they run hot, so a cooler is in the works.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 PM
n2deep
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it is built to the GTB1P rules but can you confirm the weight of the car.

Quick Reply: FS: 2011 Porsche Cayman S Race Car