Sponsored by:

PCA at NOLA - Who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mojom3
Great racing and even greater attendees. Thanks to all who came to our event. Hope to see you again next year.
It was.....a great weekend that is.

Too bad you had to work for the dark side.

Where's my dang transponder...?

T
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+1
+ 1 more.

Looking at Eon's second video, you can see cars all over the place....way varying lines.

You can also see him catch up cars with 80 and 100 more hp. than he has solely due to the entry/exit and line he has.

So yeah...it's technical...., unless you just don't know that it is...

T
Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by amondc
Damn that orange Boxster was fast. good racing with you Eon. Had a blast all weekend.
Great to see y'all again. Had a couple of chats with Brian but only saw you in the car.

Missed Mr Karl and your mom....but hey....Aruba vs. a hot NOLA cockpit....no contest...!

T
Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM
killbugsfast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Juan Lopez - posting from my brother's account.

Loved the track. Challenging to drive and fast! The bumps coming into T1 were bone jarring in my Cup, specially if you were on the inside.

David C. (MojoM3) many thanks for the hospitality and attentions by you and the team running the event. Very cool to see a big smile on everyone's face when you came around. Humbled by the Worker's Choice award (thanks!) I'll stay longer next time so we can share "a Cajun Beer".

Thanks to John C and the national team for a well organized race. Love your GT3R, what a car.

Snooky gave me a ride on his Miata so I could get a feel for the track before the first session. He drove the wheels off of that thing! what a hoot!

Eon, love to see you drive! Thanks for coming by our trailer after the enduro

Definitely coming back to master the track. I got down to a 1:43:1 without being able to do a proper setup (my Pirelli's blistered and had to switch to Yoko's) but I think that there are another 2 secs left on my car. Next time I'll remember to adjust my mixture for "below sea level" performance . We were running on swamp gas, guess that makes us green phew
Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Juan, good to hear....was kind of waiting on your vote on NOLA.

Passed by y'all rig a few times, was gonna stick my head in and holler but I was always busy....was crewing 3 cars for the enduro, 2 SP3s and Eon's SP2 car.

Car deserved worker's choice. Looked (and sounded.. ) great out there.

Your showing in that car, being an '08 was darned impressive considering the gaps you could maintain to J.C.'s new car.

T
Old 05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Car deserved worker's choice. Looked (and sounded.. ) great out there.

Your showing in that car, being an '08 was darned impressive considering the gaps you could maintain to J.C.'s new car.

T
+1
I never got a chance to come by and take a look a close look at that car, but I certainly got a blurry view as it blew by. Impressively quick and sounded awesome.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here my video of the second sprint race.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:02 AM
C ANDERSON
Racer

Great video Eon. Also Great driving !
Old 05-28-2014, 10:24 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C ANDERSON
Great video Eon. Also Great driving !
Thanks! It does get old sometimes getting passed back on every straight, but it was fun this weekend. Had a blast holding you up Chris

Eon S.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Great seeing you there Clifton! BTW, love the black Cayenne! (you already know you have the neatest red 951 out there! And this one has working brakes )

Eon, that was the typical power vs. momentum and handling battle. NOLA is a very fast track (IMHO) and your driving style kept the momentum needed to take advantage of the fast sections then on the slow sections you have great handling. The straights, well you can’t win ‘em all. Loved to see you wheel that car.

Horus, the JPS livery looks real nice in your car. I did not have a chance to stop by to look at it up close but from what I could see on the track it’s classy! It goes very well too! Thanks for the point by’s when I was closing in at warp speed.

Regarding my vote on the track; it is very nice and challenging! Wish I had another session or two to get better acquainted but I’m happy with the performance being the first time there.

The location is great (where else can you race all day then go to a cool city to have dinner and hang around only 20 minutes away?).

Our paddock was towards the control tower where the swamp is trying to take the area back. The custodians came by and pressure washed the area for us which, with the addition of coffee grinds on the cracks (Thanks Pete!) helped a lot.

There was plenty of grip and (except for elevation changes) there is a bit of everything. The bumps on the approach to T1 are way worse than T17 at Sebring and they are at the braking zone but that is part of the character of the track (not to mention that it is the same for all drivers). I wonder how pronounced they were during last year’s race.

Apart from that, T1 and T2 are very fast turns; full power from apex of T1 all the way to braking for T3). T3 is a mid-speed left sweeper with at least 3 fairly good and fast lines through it. T4, opens up at the exit which allows for a much faster exit than one expects when looking at the map.

T5 is fast but don’t turn in early as it will bite you (same on T6). T6 and T7 are one big super fast sweeper. You just have to brake late and waaaaaiit to turn in and then just feed power and unwind the car at exit of T7.

The “esses” (T8 to T12) are deceptively fast. If your car is relatively soft sprung you want to try to use the curbs on T8 and T10 for the fastest line (it worked great in my car with Pirellis, not when we swapped to the Yokos). From T10 to T12 is basically a straight then late braking for the hard right hander T13 where I found it fast to turn in hard and go over the curb on the inside.

T14 starts slow and gets faster BUT the radius decreases. T15 is fairly fast (I found that a late apex using the curb was fast) BUT do not let this one ruin your entry into T16 since that is where the front straight starts. T16, has a very late apex (almost all the way around) and you want to be at WOT before the apex (at least in my Cup). Track widens quite a bit on the left if needed but, its dusty and bumpy (guess lot of people spin there based on the wall of tires right across ). Also, keep in mind that the pit wall comes back towards you.

Hope these notes help new drivers at NOLA in the future. Please remember to adapt them to your particular car.

Last edited by Juan Lopez; 05-28-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: PCA at NOLA - Who's in?