Sponsored by:

Leave Trailer at Track for DE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014 | 08:10 PM
Got HP
Rennlist Member

Default Leave Trailer at Track for DE?

Guys, Another rookie question:
With a bay rented at the DE track for the car, do most people tow their trailer back and forth to their hotel or leave at the track? Trying to find hotels in smaller towns is hard when you have to plan for a trailer too!
Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:18 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Leave it at the track. I put a lock on the tongue ball receiver and chok the wheels, but just leave it there with all the others.

Skip
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:28 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Got HP
Guys, Another rookie question:
With a bay rented at the DE track for the car, do most people tow their trailer back and forth to their hotel or leave at the track? Trying to find hotels in smaller towns is hard when you have to plan for a trailer too!
Thanks again!
Leave it, If you are going to the Glen most clubs pay extra to allow drop off the evening before, there is security but lock it up, the garages will also be locked til the next morning.
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:30 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Dont leave it out by itself. Leave it close to other people you know. Strength in numbers and we tend to look out for each other.
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:30 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Probably safer at the track then in a hotel/motel parking lot.

m
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:42 PM
Got HP
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
Probably safer at the track then in a hotel/motel parking lot.

m
True but I can lock it down to the truck and easily reach with shotgun!
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:46 PM
Got HP
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the continued help guys!
Sounds like it stays at the track. Now, time to book the small bed and breakfast...
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:58 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

I don't even lock mine at the track. Never had a problem. Tools, etc. I was informed early on that this was the norm. I think your buddies at the track are very trustworthy. The only thing you may want to lock up is your beer!
Old 01-27-2014 | 09:13 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scott40
I don't even lock mine at the track. Never had a problem. Tools, etc. I was informed early on that this was the norm. I think your buddies at the track are very trustworthy. The only thing you may want to lock up is your beer!
I used to think this was true. I still leave most things unlocked. But during the 2013 Mid Ohio enduro, I had several things stolen from inside my enclosed trailer (which was open but parked across from my garage). I won't buy another expensive impact wrench again...
Old 01-27-2014 | 09:20 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astroman
I used to think this was true. I still leave most things unlocked. But during the 2013 Mid Ohio enduro, I had several things stolen from inside my enclosed trailer (which was open but parked across from my garage). I won't buy another expensive impact wrench again...
That sucks but as you say, it's the exception not the rule. I've heard of it happening here and there but it's usually at races that allow spectators in.
Old 01-27-2014 | 09:35 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that. I've only lost a coffee cup at Mid Ohio in the past 8 years.
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:37 PM
LostSouth
Instructor

As an operator of 135 hotels, please leave it at the track. We have enough car break ins. A trailer is an obvious target for valuables (tools, etc.) and easier to break into.

I usually try to lock my trailer up at the track, but I usually leave something out in full view and have never had a problem.
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:53 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scott40
I've only lost a coffee cup at Mid Ohio in the past 8 years.
That's a good thing.
Old 01-28-2014 | 01:50 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jack, Sorry to hear about that. Chip and I just discussed it at lunch and neither of us knew. With all the enduro accidents including mine the garage/trailer area was busy most of the race.
Old 01-28-2014 | 02:43 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

I have always parked my open trailer at the track. Really never thought twice about. However, I am about to do a two day drive to TWS/COTA. The thought of having my car/trailer sit overnight in a hotel parking lot worries the crap out of me.

Quick Reply: Leave Trailer at Track for DE?