Sponsored by:

FS: 996 Koni Challenge Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: 996 Koni Challenge Race Car

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend and mechanic, who has done me so many favours over the years with my cars. IMHO a fantastic deal if you are looking for a Porsche race car or even just track car for under $30,000!!

Car is located in Vancouver BC Canada. (you local guys will probably recognize the car)

The main reason for selling is a lack of space, lack of time to race, and other big projects on the go.

Any questions, feel free to ask here. If you are seriously interested, PM me for owner contact info.

996 Carrera Koni Challenge Race Car

Campaigned for several years by Team Sahlens in the Koni Challenge and subsequently in some SCCA / SCCBC racing in the Pacific Northwest until about 3-4 years ago. Since then, it's largely sat and done one DE event at ORP. Engine is a 997 Carrera 3.6 and has minimal hours on it (sorry, I don't know exactly how much, but it's healthy with minimal cam deviation), runs very strong. No driving or running issues at all. Has healthy Moton Club Sport shocks as well. Here's the recent maintenance highlights:

* Brand new steering rack installed (old one was leaking)
* GT3 Differential with Guard Transmission internals just installed
* Very good condition / newer OMP steering wheel. Older but mint condition (probably only sat in about 10 times) OMP Grip seat and OMP harness (dated out, but nearly new condition, fine for DE).
* Fikse FM10 Wheels (have an additional set if someone is interested, but not included for sale price)

The not so good:

* Windscreen requires replacement (cracked across the bottom)
* OMP harness is dated out and requires replacement for racing use
* Tires are older Hoosier slicks (has rains on it right now which are also older Hoosier's). Have a new set of R6's, but they're also not included in the sale price, can be negotiated in if required.
* Car does not have a title and is sold on bill of sale only

Straight car and drives excellent

On offer for only $29,990!!!!

Last edited by Rich Sandor; 01-15-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Which side of the border is it on? Are you open to trades? If it is in Canada, are you in a position to help facilitate the import back to the states? Does it have a title since it started life as a street car? Not that I would want to register it, but that can make cross border transport simpler.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Seems like a good deal.

GT gears
I use to have a Koni car originally built in Canada it also did not have a title. Don't sweat it as I could still insure it through stated value. (Plus OP says no title)
Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Just got off the phone with James. Got my key questions answered. We will see where this goes...
Old 01-15-2014, 10:34 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Seems like a lot of car for the money!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

+1

Quick Reply: FS: 996 Koni Challenge Race Car