Sponsored by:

High end race cars for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default High end race cars for sale

Who's in the market, besides me? these are as good as it gets.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....d-d4ae52844390
Old 01-12-2014, 05:25 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonder what they want for the orange '02 RS?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

The 2011 GT3RS is sick. Saw it at njmp dmtd this summer. He wants 180k.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

great cars. know the DP well, fun fun fun.
wonder if that culd race in pca. has a porsche motor.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

My suspicion is that these cars are built to rulebooks. PCA, HSR most likely.
Easy enough to find out.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by claykos
If you're in the market for an R or RS I'll be putting the GT3R up for sale soon.
I'm really not. I sold my Cup because I hadn't been driving, let alone racing, and the outlook wasn't good. Too many other obligations. On the other hand, I can't stop looking for a good deal. I've seen some crazy good deals lately and I'm sort of surprised no one is picking them up...
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by spg993tt
great cars. know the DP well, fun fun fun.
wonder if that culd race in pca. has a porsche motor.
They've let other chassis' in. There's a couple of Fabcar built 911's out there. The mid-engine on that runs with Musante comes to mind.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
They've let other chassis' in. There's a couple of Fabcar built 911's out there. The mid-engine on that runs with Musante comes to mind.

I think since it was raced as a "Porsche" PCA would let it race. They have the GTP classes for factory-built (and other) prototypes that don't cleanly fit into the other GT classes.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Last edited by Jenner; 01-15-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 646 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Make sure you do your homework before buying anything from Deman Motorsports...

A friend of mine bought a very expensive race car build on a Cayman (think widebody Cayman GT3 RSR) and a Boxster Spyder for his girlfriend from Deman. The Spyder turned out to be a salvage car that had been wrecked on the track and worth $10k (he paid 6 times that) and the Cayman Race car had numerous issues from oil leaks, overheating, ECU tune which are all being sorted out at another shop. It was missing parts that were on the build and the owner suspects the donor Cayman was a salvage too but was never told that.

To their "credit" Deman did buy the Boxster Spyder back from him...

YMMV
Jenner,

You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

None of what you say is even close to true. With the exception of YES, I purchased the Spyder back from Richard Phillips without question, and at my offering.
That Spyder NEVER had and never will have a Salvage Title... it was discovered to have previous damage, that's why I purchased it back.

Richard Phillips Cayman RSR was and still is a beautiful build, everything he asked for and paid for. The car ALWAYS ran perfectly on every outing with DeMan Motorsport and without a single flaw. NEVER a leak, overheat or ECU issue. EVER...!

Your post is slanderous and full of lies....

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 01-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Old 01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

I don't know the particulars of what you refer to, Jenner, but it goes without saying that one should do their due diligence when making purchases like this. But, I can also tell you that I'm of the opinion that for the purposes we use these cars, there's nothing wrong with a salvage car, if that were the case, when it comes from a shop with the depth that Deman has. I've seen what they do to these builds, and it entails a complete bare frame tear down, then flush the whole thing in baking soda, then custom build a masterful cage, paint everything, install custom wiring looms and build it all back up. That's just what I've seen, who knows what else goes into it, and at that point, who cares if it was a salvage car? Probabaly better off, unless I'm completely clueless ( which is also possible!).
I can also tell you that I have nothing to gain by endorsing Deman, although he is a personal friend, but he has stood behind every one of the 4 cars I have purchased from him.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 646 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Sorry Gums but I don't think any of what you said applies to a Boxster Spyder street car.

If you look at my first post I said do your homework. Clearly Richard didn't and he paid the price for it. I have no horse in this race, I don't want anyone else to go through what Richard went through. I would hope others on Rennlist would do the same for me and other members if they had knowledge of a local shop.
Jenner,

I don't see how you can stick with that statement, paid the price?

When I found out the history of the car I offered to purchase it back at full price and reimburse for an audio system install. He drove the car for 4k miles and got all his money back!!
How is that paying the price??

You are out of line speaking here on this matter..
Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by gums
I don't know the particulars of what you refer to, Jenner, but it goes without saying that one should do their due diligence when making purchases like this. But, I can also tell you that I'm of the opinion that for the purposes we use these cars, there's nothing wrong with a salvage car, if that were the case, when it comes from a shop with the depth that Deman has. I've seen what they do to these builds, and it entails a complete bare frame tear down, then flush the whole thing in baking soda, then custom build a masterful cage, paint everything, install custom wiring looms and build it all back up. That's just what I've seen, who knows what else goes into it, and at that point, who cares if it was a salvage car? Probabaly better off, unless I'm completely clueless ( which is also possible!).
I can also tell you that I have nothing to gain by endorsing Deman, although he is a personal friend, but he has stood behind every one of the 4 cars I have purchased from him.
As a side note to anyone reading, my first racecar was a flood-damaged 993 converted into the now fabled KMR-RSR 001.

And it was awesome.

Quick Reply: High end race cars for sale