Sponsored by:

aim TRACK MAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aim TRACK MAP

it seems to me that splits can be created from a particular track both with RS2 and GPS manager . is this correct? does it make a difference which method is used
thanks ...kinda new to AIM
Old 01-09-2014, 06:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Yes. Creating a track in RS2 is for "after the fact" analysis and split time calculation, and is most important for segment (or split) performance analysis in the data.

In GPS Manager, you can create splits for the purposes of displaying those split times and variances on an AIM display (assuming you have one) and can create channels that display this on the video background of a SmartyCam, a la F1!

Pretty cool!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 995 Likes on 595 Posts

Also in the dash if you do not out in any splits it will give you an overall lap +/- for the lap similar to the Solo display.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

That's why I don't add splits via GPS Manager!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:25 AM
cetom
Instructor

hi . thanks
so if i have an mxl pista ,then i can set the splits in gps manager and download to the mxl. so the dash would have the spit data .But when i then use rs2 will the splits be there or will it just have the track map and then i would have to set the splits in rs2 ?
i know that i can mess with this and figure it out but the first time ill be using it is at sebring and i would like to have it all figured out beforehand
thanks
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yes, you can do this, the explanation in the AIM GPS Manager Software instructions is a little convoluted due to the translation, but take a look at this:

It does appear as if you modify the splits on the track in GPS Manager, you should rename the track so as to indentify it as being modified before uploading it to the device, then perhaps select that modified track a the one you want in order to have the splits present in the GPS data that is recorded.

For instance, I could have an unmodified VIR in the GPS manager database and a modified VIR3Splits in the database. If I load or select VIR on the track selection on the logger, the splits won't come through, but if I select VIR3Splits, they will, on the screen and in the analysis software.

Of course, you could modify the existing tracks you're going to with the splits you want, save them and transmit them and always have the splits embedded. Pretty cool!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
cetom
Instructor

thanks .
i actually thought the same but there may be an issue . lets say you load wgi from gps manager into mxl. but lets say you want to have wgi with splits . so you can make a wgi with splits on gps manager and name it something like wgi/splits. then you can load either of the 2 wgi into mxl . but if you load them both then mxl will record no track map. from what i am told if you have 2 or more maps with the same gps coordinates then mxl will chose neither
but my real question is ,suppose you load wgi/splits into mxl and it all works fine . will these same splits show up in rs2
thanks
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cetom
my real question is ,suppose you load wgi/splits into mxl and it all works fine . will these same splits show up in rs2
thanks
Yes.

I have not heard of the former (because you can select the track on the GPS portion of the MXL on strartup), but if you want to make sure, load one WGI with splits. Period. Then, they will be embedded in the .gpk file info and be loaded when you open the .drk in RS2!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 AM
cetom
Instructor

thank you very much. great forum

Quick Reply: aim TRACK MAP