Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Stiffened Engine and Transmission Mount Inserts for 911/Boxster/Cayman

Introducing new Rennlist site sponsor: FUNCTION-FIRST Performance

TRANSMISSION MOUNT INSERT and ENGINE MOUNT INSERT
964/993/996/997/986/987

The OEM engine/transmission mount was designed for ride comfort over performance. Its empty voids allow for too much transmission movement, resulting in sloppy handling, numbed responsiveness, and imprecise shifting. The Cup cars utilize a solid metal mount to mediate this, which is wholly impractical for street use as it transfers extreme noise and vibration into the cabin.

So how do you achieve the benefits of a solid mount while retaining civility? Function-First Performance offers an economical and easy to install solution for your 911, Boxster, or Cayman. Our durable urethane rubber insert slips into the empty voids of the OEM mount and is sandwiched between the mount bracket and the engine/trans carrier. This prevents premature bushing wear and undesirable fore/aft and lateral transmission movement, all while transmitting minimal added noise and vibration.

The result? Handling is taut and predictable; power delivery is immediate and smooth; gear changes are crisp and confident.

Installation can be completed with basic hand tools in about one hour. Unlike other solutions on the market, pressing out the stock transmission mount bushings is NOT necessary to utilize these inserts. This means the OEM mount stays intact, allowing you to easily return your car to stock form, preserving its value.

This is the perfect solution for the DE and weekend track guys that want to keep their cars streetable!

Transmission Mount Insert (911)
Please click here for more information!

Engine Mount Insert (Boxster/Cayman)
Please click here for more information!

Comprehensive Shifting Solutions for your Porsche.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Function-First
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Here are some recent reviews:

jkw911
The mod is simple, quick, and inexpensive. The biggest improvement is the responsiveness of acceleration; the transmission has less play and flexes less so the power is transmitted to the wheels and there is less flex/rotate in the trans. Also the notchyness of the shifter is somewhat reduced.

Cabin noise is increased a little because there is less damping. Strange thing is that under 4000 rpms it sounds more like engine/exhaust feedback. Over 4000 it definitely sounds like transmission.

p.vanderlinden
Wow! what a difference after installing the FFP trans inserts.

Last year I put in a new 997 shifter and cables with aftermarket urethane/aluminum engine mounts (I forget who's product). I hardly noticed the difference though the rear felt a little tighter in the turns I still had a somewhat rubbery feeling shifter especially going to 1st or 3rd gear. I was fairly disappointed.

I purchased the FFP inserts a week ago and installed a few days ago. What a change up. There is some added vibration and slight gear whine but frankly I find it pleasing. The biggest change was the quality of the shift, much much better and I have a lot more confidence in engaging 3rd in the heat of battle than bouncing off the synchro's. The car feels so much more solid.

Two thumbs up, I am one happy customer!!

Cheers, Paul 2004 40th anniversary

Quick Reply: Stiffened Engine and Transmission Mount Inserts for 911/Boxster/Cayman