Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race video from a damp UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013 | 05:21 AM
dhmotorsport
5th Gear

Default Race video from a damp UK

Hi all, I'm an occasional poster here, I posted a couple of videos of my races in the UK in my old 924 last year with my co-driver/student Steve. Over the last season I've had a 996 3.4 built into a race car and it had it's first outing at a damp and cold Snetterton last weekend (19th October). The team, LodgeSport Racing, got the car ready (but not finished, lots of little jobs to do to tidy it up plus performance enhancing jobs like changing the glass out for perspex etc) late on thursday night and drove trough the night to get to the track for friday morning for some testing.

The plan for the weekend was to just go out and drive the car, get used to the new feeling and techniques required and see where we and the car were on outright pace so we knew where to focus our efforts over the winter ready to start the season next March.

Testing involved mostly trying to sort out a sticking clutch and fiddling around with seat positions until me and Steve were comfortable. Qualifying was wet so I did the minimum number of laps allowed then handed over to Steve to give him as much track time as possible. He did a fantastic job and put us 5th overall on the grid of 32, and 3rd in class behind one M3 and one other 996. The classes are based on engine size with 3.2 as the cutoff so some E36's go in the top class with us, some in the class below.

I got us up to 3rd in my stint at the start with the leaders still just in sight, about 5 seconds up the road, at the pitstop. The stop was really slick and by the time all the stops had shuffled through we were about 20 seconds in the lead with Steve driving. The car in second was catching but not in our class so the class win looked on the cards but could the overall win still be snatched?

Any feedback greatfully received.

David

Last edited by dhmotorsport; 10-21-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Race video from a damp UK