Sponsored by:

SmartyCam HD's in dealers hands!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,350 Likes on 1,902 Posts
Lightbulb SmartyCam HD's in dealers hands!

What a great product!

The wait has been long (and there will still be some delays as the supply inventory pipeline catches up after filling initial orders first), but this is a great piece of kit which simplifies further the ability to review what you just did on track, so you can do it better next time!

Only the all-in-one has been released. Aluminum billet with replaceable lens cover, viewing screen on the camera facing side (perfect for GT cars), 720P, very good automatic exposure control and audio recording level, uses a standard size SD HC card up to 128GB, new SmartyManager2 configuration software and the ability (with the optional external power cord, either lighter plug or hard-wired, along with the now optional, reduced price GPS antenna) to operate standalone, triggered from movement. Same price as the old one, $999.

In the anticipation of most of these being used as slaves (controlled by and with power supplied by a "master logger," specifically a Solo DL, EVO 4 or GPS-05 equipped MXL (along with the pending MXL2), all that is needed is a firmware update for the connected equipment, configuration of the information you want to see visualized on the video and off you go!

I am experimenting with adding this to standard CAN protocol loaded MoTeC loggers to be controlled by and visualize TPS and RPM. If this works, that will be the killer app for cars so equipped.

Jerry, I and others have been extensively testing these units for the last several months and I can tell you that this thing is VERY cool.

The clarity and stability of the video is AWESOME, even on cars where vibration is a particular problem. The weather proofing and the shock resistance (including getting run over without damage) is amazing.

That's enough for now, but please post, PM or email questions that I can help answer.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,350 Likes on 1,902 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0&l=45be7c7a75

Quick Reply: SmartyCam HD's in dealers hands!