Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POWER

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013 | 04:33 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Karen,

Your S2 has more power then my S2 Firehawk and if I had more space that engine would be under a bench in my massive garage, but I live in the land of ultra high property taxes, (NJ) so it's small. Once you can drive the wheel off that car, go for a car with more power. Brake REALLY late and win your DE's in the corners!! Hope it's treating you well. My new 968 weighs 2650 wo driver and has 215 RWHP. That is a noticeable performance bump.

Rob
Old 09-30-2013 | 11:52 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasRider
The Boss dont have that problem .
+997
Originally Posted by mrbill_fl
put a pro in you seat!

See what they can do with it, before spending money on bolt on enhancements!
I'll have to track one down
Originally Posted by por944s2
Karen,

Your S2 has more power then my S2 Firehawk and if I had more space that engine would be under a bench in my massive garage, but I live in the land of ultra high property taxes, (NJ) so it's small. Once you can drive the wheel off that car, go for a car with more power. Brake REALLY late and win your DE's in the corners!! Hope it's treating you well. My new 968 weighs 2650 wo driver and has 215 RWHP. That is a noticeable performance bump.

Rob
Rob, I LOVE the car, but when you have it red lined and everybody is passing you.............I am braking too soon though - I always feel like I am running out of track. When I ride with those who have race seats and harness, I feel so much more a part of the car, so I think that needs to be my next step.
Old 10-01-2013 | 09:50 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Karen I believe I followed you for a short period late in the day on Saturday, looked like you were going along pretty well to me. There were a few red 944's out there but I'm pretty sure it was you.

I should have stopped over and said Hi but between multiple students and a trip to the beach (china) Saturday I spent a good bit of time getting sand / rocks out of my car and re-attaching splitters and brake ducts!
Old 10-01-2013 | 10:29 AM
gbuff
Drifting

Karen, with 121hp I WISH I had the power you had.....simply means you need to go faster in the corners!

Gary
Old 10-01-2013 | 12:31 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Karen - look up the track record for a car class that your S2 would fit into (E Stock I believe if the engine hasn't been modified) and if you are within 5% of the record time you are driving the car up near it's potential. Do safety mods.
Old 10-01-2013 | 08:25 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

+968 get someone to benchmark your car for you and give you a reasonable target for corner entry speed.

Absolutely spend bucks on seats, safety equipment, alignment/setup, and coaching before you add power.
Old 10-01-2013 | 08:33 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Karen,
that car is very capable. Keep working at it, push each corner a little bit at a time. I can tell you Rob was beating the pants off a lot of GT3s when he was driving it. It won't come overnight, it takes a lot of seat time. The smoother you become, the faster you become. If I remember correctly, the car has ABS, which means you can brake later and harder without worrying about wheel lockup. Spend money on seats, harnesses, not power. Learning to drive a lower HP car to its max will make you a much better driver in the long run. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: POWER