Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Point Harness Install - Anchor Points?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013 | 09:53 PM
Courtshark
Rennlist Member

Default 5 Point Harness Install - Anchor Points?

I'm pretty shocked that extensive online research both here and elsewhere has revealed an amazing array of answers to this question: where do you bolt down the anchor points for 5 point racing harnesses? They're G-Force if that matters.

I've got a partial cage/roll bar in now, as well as racing seats, and a set of 5 point harnesses ready to go. The shoulder belts will attach to the bar, but the lower three belts need to anchor somewhere. Mainly concerned about a) doing it properly for my own safety and b) passing DE tech.

So, where do I drop anchor(s)? Thanks!
Old 09-26-2013 | 02:27 PM
dave-C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good idea to upgrade the safety features; recognize the components work as a system and it's best to undersatnd in advance the compromises associated with each - the topic has been discussed here over many years.

If you can get them, suggest 6 point belts over 5 point - better location and distribution of the belt loads onto the crouch area.

The PCA competition rules is a good source for the minimum harness installation requirements. Somebody on the 928 board will know how to relocate electronics under the seat and reinforce the sub-belt attachment.

Good luck
Old 09-26-2013 | 02:55 PM
Courtshark
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I ended up using the factory seat belt anchors for the outers, the roll bar for the shoulders, and drilled holes in the tunnel for the other lap belt. I added a 4" steel plate on the underside of the car in the tunnel, basically like a giant washer. Did the same for the sub strap.

Quick Reply: 5 Point Harness Install - Anchor Points?