Kimi Not Going to Red Bull

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
As has been speculated in many reports, I think Luca's ego is too large to admit it was a mistake to dump Kimi for DV.
Granted, Luca's and DV's egos are both large enough to be seen from the International Space Station by the naked eye, but I digress.

The man loves women, but I think DV would go Glenn Close Fatal Attraction on him if Kimi were to arrive at Ferrari next season.
I'm not sure Luca sees it as having "dumped" Kimi. It was a business decision as Santander came in and paid for Alonso to be at Ferrari with the caveat that Kimi had to go. Santander also paid off Kimi's contract to not drive. Kimi being Kimi didn't throw a fit and had the attitude of "Hey, if you're going to pay me $29,000,000 to stay at home, I'll stay at home".

As much as I'd love to see Kimi at Ferrari, especially paired against Alonso, I don't think Santander or Alonso would allow it -- they would pull their $$ before that happened. Alonso CANNOT have a strong teammate along side him or he will have a melt down which leaves Kimi to remain at Lotus. McLaren would be a dark horse, but you'd have to get rid of Button because Perez brings Carlos Slim $$. Do you see a theme developing here?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Won't anyone explain why 'DV' is Alonso??
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

I remember seeing it used in the past, although I've never used it myself, but I believe it's one of the following:

Devine Vagina
Diva Vagina
Devine Virgin
Diva Virgin

.. but you get the idea
Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

But if Lotus cant pull it off then only McLaren makes sense. Not that anything sensible comes from F1.

Red Bull has the (probably) 4 time and reigning WDC . They have their man and Kimi was right there and all they had to do was make the play. But ????

Ferrari has their man in Alonso . They are in the mix.

Mercedes got Lewis - although I think Kimi would be better there. But they arent changing and they are improving a lot this year.

McLaren is back stroking. So with a better car and Kimis resurgent popularity and proven consistency why would he not be the man there ?

Just my 0.02 cents.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kimi will most likely stay at Lotus. The doors that are open or cracked are closing. His options are limited. Ferrari would be ugly with Designer Vagina trying to pull his **** on Kimi. Kimi would just keep his mouth shut and drive, but DV would go ballistic and pull shenanigans like he did with Lewis at McL. I can't see that being a comfortable home for Kimi. He could, however, win another WDC there. That desire may trump sensibility.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
I'm not sure Luca sees it as having "dumped" Kimi. It was a business decision as Santander came in and paid for Alonso to be at Ferrari with the caveat that Kimi had to go. Santander also paid off Kimi's contract to not drive. Kimi being Kimi didn't throw a fit and had the attitude of "Hey, if you're going to pay me $29,000,000 to stay at home, I'll stay at home".

As much as I'd love to see Kimi at Ferrari, especially paired against Alonso, I don't think Santander or Alonso would allow it -- they would pull their $$ before that happened. Alonso CANNOT have a strong teammate along side him or he will have a melt down which leaves Kimi to remain at Lotus. McLaren would be a dark horse, but you'd have to get rid of Button because Perez brings Carlos Slim $$. Do you see a theme developing here?
So Luca "replaces" Schumacher with Kimi, the "replaces" Kimi with DV.
2 of those 3 delivered WDC while at Ferrari...1 has found creative ways to choke and whine.

Surprising that the Best, driving for the Best have both failed to deliver. Damn that wind tunnel....
I think Luca and Samtander are getting "anxious".
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Alonso humble and kissing Luca's ***?
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-to-his-rebuke

Fernando Alonso: Rebuked by Luca di Montezemolo
Sky Bet

2013 Drivers' Championship
Sebastian Vettel 1/4
Lewis Hamilton 8/1
Fernando Alonso 11/1
2013 Constructors' Championship
£10 Free Bet
Fernando Alonso has insisted that the rebuke he received from Luca di Montezemolo after the Hungarian GP was based on "wrong information" the Ferrari President had received.

The Scuderia took the unusual step of making Montezemolo's ear-bashing public in the week after the race. In the statement, he said he had "tweaked the ear" of Alonso after phoning his star driver to wish him a happy birthday.

Montezemolo was responding to comments Alonso had apparently made in Budapest. Although the statement on Ferrari's website did not clarify what comments Montezemolo was specifically responding to, the consensus was that the Spaniard, who turned 32 the day after finishing a disappointing fifth at the Hungaroring, had aggrieved his boss by telling the media that a 'new car' topped his present wish-list.

Speaking at Spa on Thursday, however, Alonso denied having made such a comment.

"I think it was wrong information coming to the President, to be honest, because we looked back through all the press conferences," he said. "With these recorders, it's easy to check exactly what you say and obviously it was nothing different to any other grand prix.

"I tried to push for the best for the team, for our performance."

Paying tribute to Montezemolo, Alonso also denied that their conversation had turned to another notable story emerging as F1 took leave for its summer break - that he might consider leaving Ferrari at the end of the season to join rivals Red Bull.

"He is the father of this family, for Ferrari, he's a great motivator. He's a man who puts everyone in the team, the things, on the clear side and tells us exactly what he expects from us and what he wants from us," Alonso said.

"I think the President is a very intelligent man who can separate what is rumours and what is true. He never asked me anything. We've both been in Formula 1 for many years now and we know what the summer break means in terms of rumours etc."

However, when asked whether he would be staying at Ferrari next season, Alonso's response hardly reeked of conviction: a quick nod and a mumbled "yes" had to suffice for the assembled media.

And yet, as Alonso himself pointed out, it was the potential for such miscommunications that had caused the trouble in the first place.

"The President and me, we talked about this as well. Also, we learnt that doing four press conferences in the weekend in different languages; they're not my mother languages. Even the Spanish - I'm from the north, so I don't speak perfect Spanish! - means that there can be mistakes and misunderstandings," he reflected.

Turning to the title run-in, Alonso said that "the pattern will be decided in the next four races - what are the performances of the cars at the next four races.

"We have Spa, medium downforce, then Monza, low downforce, then Singapore, high downforce. We clearly have three different set-ups and configurations on the car and this will tell us who the main contender for Vettel is.

"For sure, he's the big favourite. Who will catch him, or who will put him in big difficulties, we will see in the next three races."

But what of his and Ferrari's chances? "It's difficult but we need to keep believing that we can do it," added Alonso, who currently stands 39 points behind Championship leader Vettel.

"The last two or three seasons, we've had some good examples of what we can do and what we can hope if we do things right.

"For this, we need to improve the car; we need to make some parts work. The first step is here in Spa."
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

And Horner throws another log onto the fire.....

Christian Horner has refused to definitively rule Kimi Raikkonen out of the running for the vacant seat at Red Bull for 2014 and, in a fresh twist to the transfer affair, suggested the World Champions have "more options than you could possibly think".

Reports in Germany over the weekend had suggested that Red Bull were poised to confirm Toro Rosso driver Daniel Ricciardo as compatriot Mark Webber's successor for 2014 ahead of this weekend's Belgian GP - a prospect that seemed far more likely after the manager of Raikkonen, the only other driver Horner previously named as being in contention, revealed that talks between his client and the World Champions had broken down.

However, with no announcement over the coveted seat forthcoming on Thursday's media day at Spa and Ricciardo revealing to reporters that he had heard no news himself yet, Horner added further fuel to the speculation by revealing that in his and the team's eyes nobody was actually out of contention yet.

Asked whether Raikkonen was now definitely off the shortlist, the Red Bull chief replied: "Has he signed for anyone else? It's up to him.

"Kimi's manager ruled him out I think. I've only seen what you've seen."

Kimi Raikkonen falls 'ill'
Indeed, far from suggestions that an announcement regarding the identity of Sebastian Vettel's next team-mate was imminent this weekend, Horner strongly hinted that drivers outside of Ricciardo and Raikkonen were also now being considered.

He also indicated that an announcement was now not likely until the time of the Italian GP in two weeks' time.

"You have to make sure you consider all the options and there's more options than you could possibly think," he said.

"There's been quite a lot of interest. So we just take the time. It's not going to be much longer I'd have thought. I'd have thought by Monza or shortly after Monza we should be clear."

With Fernando Alonso's name even having been thrown into the ring at the last race prior to the summer break in Hungary, Red Bull's decision over the second seat for 2014 appears to have become more complex than it had first appeared several weeks ago.

Indeed, Horner made clear that Red Bull wouldn't be rushed into making a final judgement.

Live on Sky Sports

Live Formula One
2013 Belgian Grand Prix
August 25, 2013 11:30am

Get a Sky Sports Day PassUpgrade to Sky Sports
"I think the problem is you get to this point of the year and there's so many rumours, hearsay, this, that and the other. I saw he [Raikkonen] was going to Ferrari a couple of days ago," he said.

"There is no transfer window in Formula 1. We are not obliged to make a decision until we choose to. As I say, we want to make sure that we make the right decision and we will take the time that we feel appropriate to make that decision."

While categorically debunking a rumour that Vettel had vetoed an approach for fellow World Champion Raikkonen - "absolute rubbish, he doesn't have a right of veto" - Horner also denied there was a clear difference of opinion within Red Bull's hierarchy over the search for a new driver amid suggestions that owner Dietrich Mateschitz favoured promoting Ricciardo.

"Ultimately Dietrich has to sign off on any decision of that magnitude but he of course will listen to the recommendations that Adrian [Newey] and I put forward," Horner added.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

^^^^^

Only one of the "inside" bunch that spoke anything I believe . I think they will make the decision when and how they want. And it depends on who and what is still on the board. It is just how it is .
Old 08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
...I think they will make the decision when and how they want. And it depends on who and what is still on the board. It is just how it is .
I heard from a very reliable source (someone who's in the paddock in all races) that the decision has already been made. Not with who though.

What Horner's latest comments and backpedaling mean, nobody (but him & other side) can tell, this is F1 after all, usually when they say something, they mean otherwise, but not always!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Nice to see that Heikki has been given 2 upcoming Friday sessions.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I heard from a very reliable source (someone who's in the paddock in all races) that the decision has already been made. Not with who though.

What Horner's latest comments and backpedaling mean, nobody (but him & other side) can tell, this is F1 after all, usually when they say something, they mean otherwise, but not always!

When "they" make a decision, If they do LOL, and you have contracts worked out and signed and other formalities and all of that, I would think they announce it. Whatever "it" is . At least one reason is who ever put up the money wants to see their new driver up in lights and looking good and being good . Yep thats our boy - - - thats our money .
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
When "they" make a decision, If they do LOL, and you have contracts worked out and signed and other formalities and all of that, I would think they announce it. Whatever "it" is . At least one reason is who ever put up the money wants to see their new driver up in lights and looking good and being good . Yep thats our boy - - - thats our money .
Yea but there's always motivational issues etc. so they don't publish stuff if they don't need to. There's plenty examples of deals published 6-12 months after being signed.

Check out the Spa thread, I posted about the new big move brewing... Kimi & Alonso swapping seats... Silly season!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

^^^^^^^

While there are other issues, you and I can be pretty sure that for sponsors the primary issue is

$ $ $

Quick Reply: Kimi Not Going to Red Bull