Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATE Super Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

This stuff has been on the market for years, and the government just noticed now that it is blue???

Fear not, these same people will soon be in charge of your "free" health care that will cost 250-300% more than it did before and you can still keep your doctor provided he/she doesn't quit medicine.

The idiocracy is gaining on us.

-Mike
Old 08-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We've found a solution for those who like the blue color... Just mix with the TYP200 aka ATE Gold:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/AirbrushDep...FYSf4AodcTgAjw

You can thank me later ;-)

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
LOL,....brake fluids are the only ones with a color mandate due to moisture absorption.

With the exception of silicone brake fluids, all the rest of them are hygroscopic and start turning brown as they absorb moisture. DOT wants the owner or shop to be able make a visual judgement and the blue dye prevented that.

Its a one-size-fits-all proposition.
Are we talking about beer or brake fluid

Peter
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Hilton
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Weird.. at least a couple of local super DOT 4 brake fluids here (Australia) come in blue.. including Valvoline and Mobil. Hopefully this insanity won't affect the civilised world
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Series 900
this is great news! I added windex once to my brakes, and then another time i filled a customers windshield fluid with 4 quarts of ATE blue and then there was the time that I drank the gatorade bottle after bleeding the system Whats next? childproof caps on motor oil and photo ID to purchase acetone.
The ATE Gold will probably be banned because someone may think it is pancake syrup due its amber color.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TWINS
The ATE Gold will probably be banned because someone may think it is pancake syrup due its amber color.

Next study. No lie that'll cost 12 mil easy!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kurt M
What is the big deal? The blue does nothing but to help show the change from old to new the first time you swap from gold to blue. After that it is all kind of light dirty blue. It is easy to see the change between old and new fluid without the blue dye and no blue stain all over everything. ATE Gold is the same stuff so itis not like people are scrabmling to find an alt.
It's not the color that I have a problem with it's the fact that they're wasting our tax dollers fixing a non-issue.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rule has been in place for a long time and was in place before ATE blue. As noted some folks have had issues with the fluid being blue as it masks signs of aging that can be seen in non tinted fluid. Brake fluid goes bad at rates that vary based on conditions more than just time or distance. Gov simply said follow the long existing rule. This rule is for street cars.

Want the gov to save a $ or two? Look at farm sub numbers. Don't think for a second that farm subs are in any working to save the small farmer. They have been subverted into a real stupid thing that has far reacing unintended outcomes are stunning costs. Just pick one plant to start. Start with Corn and see what we are spending real $ on.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Motul's better anyways.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:02 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

I'm sure blue fluid is racist- that's why they're outlawing it and using a photo ID wouldn't be fair to the "undocumented" anyway, don't you already know that?????
Old 08-21-2013, 01:56 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kurt M

Want the gov to save a $ or two? Look at farm sub numbers. Don't think for a second that farm subs are in any working to save the small farmer. They have been subverted into a real stupid thing that has far reacing unintended outcomes are stunning costs. Just pick one plant to start. Start with Corn and see what we are spending real $ on.

Agreed, but start your own bitching thread.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the what the letter had to say in one of the paragraphs:

"The purpose of this safety recall notice is to advise you of this determination and to request that you immediately stop any further sales of this product. It is a violation of federal law for you or any other distributor or retailer to continue to sell this brake fluid after the receipt of this notice."
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
Agreed, but start your own bitching thread.
F that. Bitchin' never changed much of anything. Just giving some perspective.

For a number of years I have been hearing that blue was not to the rules and that it was a matter of time for the law to be enforced. As said by many there are plenty of replacements that are the same or better in the same price range. The good folks at OG Racing likely know for sure but I think the rule does not include off road use.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

No big loss as there are many other superior fluids to choose from...and none of them are blue. Never understood why someone would want that blue crap in their brake system anyway.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by bgiere
No big loss as there are many other superior fluids to choose from...and none of them are blue. Never understood why someone would want that blue crap in their brake system anyway.
Why? Maybe because it works very well for many people.

A lot of race cars out here in Northern California built by respected builders use ATE Super Blue. Heck, it is in my race car right now......and I will probably just switch over to ATE Type 200. Same stuff different color.

Why should I change to something much more expensive when I don't need it?

Scott

Quick Reply: ATE Super Blue