Sponsored by:

Issues with GoPro Hero2 Firmware for Traqmate

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,296 Likes on 1,874 Posts

Huh, -1.325? That's what I've been doing... Manually matching after opening the files.

I have a fair number of people that want plug 'n play, don't want to do that.

Like I said, techies can handle the fact that GoPro's recording start now takes longer/is inconsistent (broken after GOPRO's firmware v.124) and perhaps Andre can "build in" that delay (provided it's consistent and occurs exactly that long at each trigger) into a new release of the TraqStudio software, but GoPro broke it and now Traqmate has to fix it. Sheesh...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default gph2

Thank you for all the input so far I have gottent he camera updated and have gotten the TM updated. Do you still leave it in one button mode w the new V312 ?
My camera starts as soon as the TM connects to it? it seems if I go through turn the system off and on twice it seems to put it in the correct sequence is this the way it should be?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
JoshuaB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After updating to the v312 firmware, I spent many hours testing and trying to get everything to work. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. When I had both of my Hero2 cameras plugged in, my Traqdash would show the camera icon as yellow and it would not turn on either camera. When I would unplug either camera, the icon would go green, so it was not one of either the cameras or cables that was the issue. Never could figure it out.

When I had just one camera plugged in, I got mixed results. The following are the results I observed, sometimes the Traqdash would:
  • Turn on the camera immediately when the Traqdash was powered on and keep the camera recording
  • Turn on the camera immediately when the Traqdash was powered on and then after a few seconds turn it off and not start it again until the Traqdash was powered off and then back on
  • Turn on the camera correctly (Go Racing -> Drive with Record) and work properly
  • Turn on the camera correctly (Go Racing -> Drive with Record) and shut it off after a few seconds
  • Turn on the camera correctly (Go Racing -> Drive with Record) and keep it on (no shut off)

The Traqmate equipment that I am currently using is the SU, TraqDash, and TraqData Pro. The SU and Traqdash are running the latest firmware (2.40 for the TraqDash and 3.40 for the SU). The memory cards had nothing on them, and I have 6 32gb 95MB/s class 10 (600x) cards that I was swapping in and out, so speed was not an issue or a bad SD card.

Not sure if some of the GoPros will just not work with the Traqmate. Some of the GoPros will backdate to the v124 firmware, some will not, so maybe some just will not work.

I have spent many, many hours trying to get the GoPros to work and decided that the only viable option for me was to purchase 2 RePlay 1080 cameras, new microSD cards, and 2 new cables from Traqmate for the RePlay cameras. I will not be able to test out the new cameras for a few more weeks due to work travel, but will post an update once I do. I am hopeful that I will finally have a plug and play system but I am not holding my breath at this point…

Quick Reply: Issues with GoPro Hero2 Firmware for Traqmate