TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson Ready for Road America

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013 | 01:41 PM
TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson Ready for Road America

(August 5, 2013) Jessup, MD- For rounds nine and ten of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama, the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle team will be at Road America with a three car assault. The TPC Racing team has been hard at work since Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and will have three Porsche GT3 Cup cars that are capable of winning.

Ben Keating will pilot the 35 Porsche of Towson / Merkle entry once again in the Platinum Class after a fantastic run in Canada. In round seven, Keating won the Yokohama Hard Charger Award after starting toward the back of the field due to qualifying being cancelled. The team is thrilled to have Ben Keating back behind the wheel of the 35 car, and Road America is a track that Keating has seen success at before.

“I am really excited to be back behind the wheel of the 35 TPC Racing Porsche,” stated Ben Keating. “The team gave me a great car in Canada and I know that I will have a great car at Road America. I have won races at Road America before and think it is a great track, so I am looking forward to racing there in the 35 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup.”

Michael Levitas in his 36 Porsche of Towson / Merkle entry continues to battle teammate David Williams in the 37 Merkle / Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup for the Gold Class driver championship. Levitas continues to hold a championship lead after David Williams had to miss rounds seven and eight, but David still sits in second place going into rounds nine and ten.

“Road America is a track that I have not been to before,” stated Michael Levitas. “I have heard great things about the track and have worked on the simulator to learn the track before getting out there in my 36 Porsche of Towson car. The team has been working hard since Canada, so we should have a very strong car going into Road America and hopefully extend the points lead even more.”

David Williams sits in second place in the point’s standings in his 37 Merkle / Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup, just behind teammate Michael Levitas going into rounds nine and ten of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama. Road America is a track that Willamis has been to before and also considers it to be one of his favorite tracks.

“I have been looking forward to race at Road America,” stated David Williams. “It has been a few years since I have been there, but I like how fast the track is and know that my 37 Merkle / Porsche of Towson entry will be strong there. I know TPC Racing will give me a strong car to run up front with.”

About TPC Racing:
TPC Racing is the Mid-Atlantic’s premier maintenance, service, tuning and modification center dedicated solely to Porsche sports cars. This long time focus on only one make, Porsche, has enabled us to become experts in Porsche service, tuning and racing.
TPC Racing has its roots in the IMSA Supercar Series of the late 1980’s and early 1990s, as well in the Grand Am Rolex Series with over 28 race wins and 40 podium finishes. In 2004, the team won the team and drivers championship in the SGS class. In 2006, TPC Racing won the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona in the GT Class.
By combining a lifetime of automotive enthusiasm, business experience and technical skill with advanced aeronautical training and certifications, Levitas has managed to extend the engineering of some for the most advanced and well-regarded machines in existence – Porsche race cars.

About Porsche of Towson
Porsche of Towson is Baltimore's only exclusive Porsche center. That means that our Porsche staff is 100% dedicated to the Porsche brand and nothing else. They will be able to assist you with all of your Porsche needs. On behalf of the entire Priority 1 Automotive Group family of dealerships, welcome to Porsche of Towson. We look forward to meeting all of your Porsche needs.
Porsche of Towson is a part of the Priority 1 Automotive Group which is a family owned and operated group of dealerships. As a family dealership, the family's reputation in the community is of the utmost importance. Therefore, there is a tremendous focus on providing exceptional customer service. With a brand new state-of-the-art Porsche dealership (completed in 2010), the most elite and experienced group of client advisors for sales and service, and a highly trained team of service and support personnel, your sales and service experience is assured of being second to none. Our clients appreciate the way we do business. We know you will too!

About Merkle
Merkle is the nation's largest and fastest-growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency. For more than 20 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Employing data-driven strategies, Merkle combines a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines to offer complete integrated customer marketing solutions. With a strategically led, consultative approach, we work closely with clients to design, execute and continuously evaluate CRM programs throughout the buying cycle, across channels and media.

About CrunchDaddy Popcorn
CrunchDaddy Popcorn makes “Popcorn Unusual!™”, an array of sweet and savory inventions that take the sophisticated snacker beyond the common recipes for caramel, kettle and cheese popcorn. All CrunchDaddy Popcorn flavors are available on-line through their website, CrunchDaddy Popcorn*| Gourmet Popcorn

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Quick Reply: TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson Ready for Road America