Sponsored by:

Two Paying drivers needed for VIR 24 hour Chumpcar race

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Two Paying drivers needed for VIR 24 hour Chumpcar race

I have two seats available for the 24 hours of VIR. Cost is $600 for TWO 2 hour stints. We are registered and a "GO" for the event; Team PushingLuck car 915. Please let me know if you are interested. Rules for your safety gear can be found here:

http://www.chumpcar.com/rules.php

There will be a practice/Shakedown day on Friday the 8th of August, and the race runs 10AM Saturday the 9th of August until 10AM Sunday the 10th of August.

Mike
Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

We are accepting no more driver inquiries, but thanks to everyone who contacted me.

Mike
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike,

If you still need a driver let me know I can fly out
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike, just an aside, but what car are you running in Chump?

I have sent some money to a guy for a ride in Sebring in September, I hope that comes through.

Tomorrow I am going to look at a 1971 240Z that a guy has here in town, with the intention if making it a Chump car. I had a 1970 240Z that I stupidly sold for almost nothing a few years ago.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Did my agent Luis Garcia Abad get ahold of you?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:02 PM
CAM14
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting weekend with Chump at VIR. Mike had a great team with the talent to make almost anything happen. But as things sometimes happen with these cheap endurance race cars, unexpected challenge arise. In our case, the team consistently rose to the challenge with VERY creative solutions with minimal time and resources. Night racing at VIR was a real hoot. The car has great potential, just needs a bit more sorting out before the next event.

I think there was another Rennlist team in a green Miata, was not really following their progress but when I saw them, they appeared to be doing very well.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAM14
Interesting weekend with Chump at VIR. Mike had a great team with the talent to make almost anything happen. But as things sometimes happen with these cheap endurance race cars, unexpected challenge arise. In our case, the team consistently rose to the challenge with VERY creative solutions with minimal time and resources. Night racing at VIR was a real hoot. The car has great potential, just needs a bit more sorting out before the next event.

I think there was another Rennlist team in a green Miata, was not really following their progress but when I saw them, they appeared to be doing very well.
And you sir had an excellent night stint. And agreed... there was some seriously creative talent required to get the car able to compete after Friday's issues. Great team effort by all!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Wanted to thank all who participated and say this on the record...

I will not fund another car that does not have a completely rebuilt motor in it ever. I want to race cars, not work on them in the pits. I certainly don't want to swap motors and require such a herculean effort of others. That said, this is a weekend I'll remember for the rest of my life. Charles, you are one fast driver who communicates the car well. I'd race with you again, man, and would vouch for your participation on other teams in the future. Fast in an 80HP car, yes you were! VERY!!!

Mike
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Wanted to thank all who participated and say this on the record...

I will not fund another car that does not have a completely rebuilt motor in it ever. I want to race cars, not work on them in the pits. I certainly don't want to swap motors and require such a herculean effort of others. That said, this is a weekend I'll remember for the rest of my life. Charles, you are one fast driver who communicates the car well. I'd race with you again, man, and would vouch for your participation on other teams in the future. Fast in an 80HP car, yes you were! VERY!!!

Mike
Mike,

I can understand the frustration, I lost two motors in two consecutive races earlier in the year. but bringing cars to chumps with newly rebuilt motors is hardly the Chumpcar spirit. Half the fun is to try and get the car to survive.

Last edited by samluke; 08-13-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charles, you are one fast driver who communicates the car well. I'd race with you again, man, and would vouch for your participation on other teams in the future. Fast in an 80HP car, yes you were! VERY!!!

Mike
Thank goodness he didn't embarrass me!

Nah. Charles is great driver and a fine person to boot. He told me that he had a great time on your team.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

In 14 hours we had 10 stops for mechanicals. I think we've earned a pass for a while, so although I get your point, I will not repeat this, spirit be damned.

Mike

Originally Posted by samluke
Mike,

I can understand the frustration, I lost two motors in two consecutive races earlier in the year. but bringing cars to chumps with newly rebuilt motors is hardly the Chumpcar spirit. Half the fun is to try and get the car to survive.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

In 14 hours we had 10 stops for mechanicals. I think we've earned a pass for a while, so although I get your point, I will not repeat this, spirit be damned.

Mike
Mike,

Been there, done that. It takes time to figure out what works in Chumps. Stick with it. I find it very rewarding, and at a much lower cost than PCA.

Keep going.

Quick Reply: Two Paying drivers needed for VIR 24 hour Chumpcar race