Sponsored by:

Brembo GTP rotor options for 930

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Peter Carroll/Toronto
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brembo GTP rotor options for 930

I have a 1981 930 with the Brembo GTP big brake kit. The front kit uses a Brembo hat that mounts to standard 993 Turbo rotors. The car is a 3.8L EFI with Pagid Black RS14 pads. It's pretty much only used for PCA Instructor duty.

I gave up on the Porsche rotors because they just didn't last. They crack or warp too easily. I've since been using Coleman slotted rotors from Frozen Rotors. But lately I've been having trouble with them as well.

Does anyone know of a "race grade" rotor that will fit the 993 Turbo hat? i.e. that would be compatible with this kit? I've had excellent luck with Performance Friction on other cars but they have their proprietary mounting hardware. It needs to be dimensionally identical to a 993 TT OEM rotor.

Anyone else using this kit?

Thanks
Peter
Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

curious, what problems are you having with the Frozen Rotors stuff? cracking/warping/lifespan, etc.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Carroll/Toronto
I have a 1981 930 with the Brembo GTP big brake kit. The front kit uses a Brembo hat that mounts to standard 993 Turbo rotors. The car is a 3.8L EFI with Pagid Black RS14 pads. It's pretty much only used for PCA Instructor duty.

I gave up on the Porsche rotors because they just didn't last. They crack or warp too easily. I've since been using Coleman slotted rotors from Frozen Rotors. But lately I've been having trouble with them as well.

Does anyone know of a "race grade" rotor that will fit the 993 Turbo hat? i.e. that would be compatible with this kit? I've had excellent luck with Performance Friction on other cars but they have their proprietary mounting hardware. It needs to be dimensionally identical to a 993 TT OEM rotor.

Anyone else using this kit?

Thanks
Peter
I think AP makes a bolt on hat..not sure of part numbers ect
Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Peter Carroll/Toronto
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

curious, what problems are you having with the Frozen Rotors stuff? cracking/warping/lifespan, etc.
The last 2 sets of rotors I got warped very easily. Either that or they came with excessive run-out from the box. I'm suspecting Coleman might have changed the alloy or something. They're on recent hubs too.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Peter,

I do have real racing rotor/hat assemblies in various sizes that include 322x32mm. These are either Alcon or AP, 72-vane, slotted rotors that hold up FAR FAR better than any OEM grade like component, much less the Colemans.

These do not fit your current hats so initially, would need complete assemblies. Replacements are available for less $$$.

Call me for details.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 PM
purplehaze.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Steve.

He set me up years ago with F&R GTP's and they are superb. I tried all the 993TT stuff, all the Pagid pads, prematurely cracked rotors, frozens, etc. PITA.

Go with straight GTP setup and you won't regret it. I love the PFC 97's, if I remember correctly, for their bite without cracking. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Brembo GTP rotor options for 930