5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

always a mad dash to turn 1 as its so tough to pass......Alonso will be on it from 5th
Old 07-27-2013, 11:56 PM
GNR996
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

missed the poll.

Kimi for the win!

sentimental favorite is Button.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:29 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Grojean for his first career win. Hamilton and Mercedes are pretenders yet again. Both Mercs won't finish in the top 5 despite the pole.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I always want Kimi now that Vettel and RBR has won 3 WDC .

I hope the understeer tire thing mentioned above is not true for Lotus or Kimi.

More than that, I also just believe that Kimi wants to win one for his guys there. Before he signs for even bigger money with RBR .
Old 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

C'mmmmooooooon Man ...........

We want Kimi !

Old 07-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Penalty for Grosjean for going off a bit AFTER his pass on Massa and no penalty for Massa for hutting Rosberg putting him out?!?! WTF?!

Neither should've been penalized IMO but if one of them deserved one it certainly was more Massa.

Pretty good race for Hungaroring, awesome drive from Hamilton and Kimi as well, especially in the end, keeping Vettel behind was huge. Good one from Gro also although he kinda was all over the place, again, couple of times. Webber getting up to 4th and in front of both Ferraris was well, one.

P.S. Alonso using DRS even when he wasn't within a second (his DRS was in quali settings)... Penalty? A 15000 euro fine for Ferrari...

P.S.2. Ferrari decided not to use Massa's option for next season. Hulkenberg maybe to Ferrari.

Last edited by Flying Finn; 07-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

I thought Gros pass was good. He did too.

It is hard enough to pass on that track and Vettel wasnt about to get by Kimi there . He knows it too . I am sure Vettel would not be letting Kimi by in the same situation.

Hammy and Merc was just too tough. They might come on the 2nd half of the season as they have been a force all year . Then again, ...... if Ham gets the big head ............

But another few good finishes by Vettel and he is going to need a bigger trophy case. They probably dont get enoug credit for doing a good job of getting up there even when thing arent going so well for him.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Penalty for Grosjean for going off a bit AFTER his pass on Massa and no penalty for Massa for hutting Rosberg putting him out?!?! WTF?!
Felt bad for Grosjean as that was a BS call. Allan McNish was one of the stewards so I am surprised they got that call so wrong.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

good race.....very impressed by team Lotus despite the "understeer"

Ferrari left their car in DRS qualy mode?.......yeah ok whatever, Massa.....its been said before,, time to hang them up buddy.

Hammy drove very well......lots to look forward to in the season 2nd half, starting with the greatest track of all, SPA!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by the flyin' scotsman; 07-28-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:37 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,934 Posts

My thoughts on this race were...... snoozefest. Not a fan of the Hungaroring... Kart tracks are wider than that track.... and Grojean did not put 4 off to pass and he still got penalized.

If I were the promoter, I wouldn't have Hungary on the calendar before the 4 week summer break. You need to leave a good impression before the break and Silverstone always does. Leave the people wanting more! Then after the break, given them the best track on calendar.... the Mighty Spa! That's the way to leave an impression!

Enough about the race promotion side, and let's get back to the race. Mercedes looked really good, especially considering their pace with a full fuel load and soft tires -- actually pulling away from Vettel at the beginning. It's apparent that Ferrari has slipped to the 4th fastest donkey cart on track behind RBR, Lotus and MB -- No wonder Alonso's manager is trying to jump ship...

I'm not the biggest Webber fan, but I have to admit he drove exceptionally well from 10th on the grid. He does need to chill out when things go wrong on his car as they did in qualifying because they don't just happen to him. Vettel had something wrong with his car with the "22" the team mentioned, overheating issues and understeer due to a broken front wing, but he took it in stride and pushed as hard as he could.

Love Kimi's race craft. Grojean may be the faster of the two over a qualifying lap, but Kimi knows where to position his car. Guy in front bobbles, Kimi takes advantage and gets on his inside where he can't turn in. Vettel tries to pass on the outside? Run a couple feet wider (a hip check if you will) to push Vettel into the marbles so he has to lift, effectively killing another lap Vettel has to wait as they tick down to the end of the race Genius...

can't wait for SPA!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:24 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMHO, Romain is on unofficial "probation" with the stewards. He has pulled enough stupid moves in his young F1 career that he needs to demonstrate that he can "keep his nose clean" for at least half a season. He is driving with a very short leash. I believe that is why Lotus didn't make more of the stewards' decision.
Is it unfair? Probably.
Is it justified based on his previous mental transgressions? Yes.

Alonso and Ferrari have the season going exactly to script. Lotus, Mercedes and RBR will never see them coming in the second half of the season and before they realize it, their season will be over and Alonso will be the 2013 WDC. Surely I can't be the only one who can see this.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great drive by Kimi.

I'm no RoGro fan but he got screwed. Nothing wrong with that pass.

Is it just me or does it seam like Hammy is conflicted when he's on the podium? You'd think the guy would be a little more enthusiastic about winning. It's as if he knows Merc is cheating in some way that's weighing on his conscience.

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of Hungary