Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with "Stable Energies" Roll Cages?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with "Stable Energies" Roll Cages?

I need to install a roll cage in my 993 to meet PCA GCR requirements for racing..
The "Safety Devices" cage (sold by Stable Energy) appears to have a nice cage considering I also street my car (has removable door bar):
http://www.stableenergies.com/prodin...number=SD-P993

I am also looking at the DAS sport roll cage which is significantly more expensive and does not have the removable door bar.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these cages and fitment in a 993?

THANKS for any info you may have to offer guys!

Last edited by 911CabSteve; 07-08-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Safety Devices os the builder, Stable Energies the vendor. edited to correct/clarify
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

That's a "Safety Devices" cage. Stable is the retailer not the builder.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one of those.
Otherwise pretty good but the bolt holes on the four floor plates is pretty poorly designed/constructed, they're so close that there is no proper room for bolts, you have to be a bit creative...
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

First off are you sure you can't afford a pro built weld in cage? I've found the difference was less than a grand to have a custom cage done, and almost negligible if you factor in the fact that the safety devices "bolt in" cage requires welding in the baseplates which is not a small amount of work...

I've had the same SD cage in a 964, pretty much the same setup. I wouldn't consider the door bars "removeable" they can be but once the whole thing is in and torqued down its not an easy job to remove them. Also NASA and PCA did not like the cage due to the mounting tabs and the lack of two door bars. The fix was to fully weld the tabs all around and add a door bar, end result a compromised weld in cage that cost just about the same. by the time things were fixed I would have been better off just having a cage built. I'll never go bolt in again. If your to the point where you need a cage, a fabricated weld in cage is the answer.

PS: you can order weld in kits that are copies of the factory cup cages from SE and have them welded in, a pretty good alternative. Also wanted to mention that Stable Energies are great people to deal with, I'm a very happy customer....
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant speak to the cage itself. dont know the fitment, etc.

as far as Stable Energies is concerned, i've used them for several years. One of the best, most credible retailers that i've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. A great great group of folks.

I would speak to them about the cage and various options.

Quick Reply: Experience with "Stable Energies" Roll Cages?