Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's about time

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

How did I know what this thread was about.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, Petty's comments, besides being petty, must have really made the guys behind Danica in the points standings feel ****ty...
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Kyle Petty?

LMFAO...

Let's ask RICHARD Petty...
200 wins and 127 poles for the King....ridiculous. That's like the 56-game hit streak.....yeah, times were different then but so they also were for Joltin' Joe....

I'm the farthest thing from a NASCAR fan but I AM a Richard Petty fan!

Gary
Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-----
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 165 Posts

Pro racing is a business first and a sport second. Danica has been brilliant in the business aspect, and I base this on the attention she draws for herself, her team and of course for her sponsors. As far as the sport part goes, she has had more success than many others, man or woman and seems to continue to improve. Yes, she gets more attention than other drivers with comparable skills, but that just shows that she has been smart enough to manage her career and leverage her assets better than others with similar racing talent. Being female has helped put her into a position to suceed ahead of others with more talent, but can't the same be said for those lucky enough to be born with a famous racing name, like say Petty.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,551 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedster
Pro racing is a business first and a sport second. Danica has been brilliant in the business aspect, and I base this on the attention she draws for herself, her team and of course for her sponsors. As far as the sport part goes, she has had more success than many others, man or woman and seems to continue to improve. Yes, she gets more attention than other drivers with comparable skills, but that just shows that she has been smart enough to manage her career and leverage her assets better than others with similar racing talent. Being female has helped put her into a position to suceed ahead of others with more talent, but can't the same be said for those lucky enough to be born with a famous racing name, like say Petty.
+1

Well said.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedster
Or Earnhardt. The difference between Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. isnt that much different than Richard and Kyle.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 873 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Or Earnhardt. The difference between Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. isnt that much different than Richard and Kyle.
I don't know about that. In their primes, I would take The King over The Intimidator any day of the week and twice on Sunday! Dale Jr. is much better than Kyle.

In other words, Dale Jr. is lot closer to Dale Sr. than Kyle is to Richard...

Scott
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,318 Likes on 1,960 Posts

I can only imagine what would be said on these boards if she paid for her seat like many and half the field in F1. At the very least she earns her $$ and then some. She's not last and she's definitely not a start and park driver.

Quick Reply: It's about time