Sponsored by:

Racepak IQ3 Dash Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 AM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Racepak IQ3 Dash Help

A friend just bought a car with the RacePak IQ3 dash. He is running at Road America this weekend and just wants to get it setup enough to look at lap times. He does not have the buttons installed yet, so my understanding is he needs to write the coordinates to a LAP file (which I have an example of), save it as a LSF file and write that file to the SD card. Assuming that is correct, does anyone have the coordinates to the start/finish line at RA? Or even better an LSF file I can write to the SD card?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's pretty easy to hook up a cheap single button to set the start/finish line. Can do it in probably 10 minutes. I don't have access to my sd card so can't send a file.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks. He ordered the buttons but we are not sure they will be here in time. I agree, though, the buttons are the way to go.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

get some buttons at radio shack... wiring should take three minutes. PITA to program the coordinates and then upload. you'll need the buttons anyway to scroll through the display windows, and to set your gear ratios, etc. It's even possible to wire to existing buttons in the car (mine was initially wired to my cruise control stalk, which was a very tidy solution when the car's interior was in a more "stock" configuration).
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Glen said, couple $3 switches from Radio Shack and you're good to go. You can just wire tie them out of the way and mount them later.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Mid Ohio s/f from my old racpak on my track PC. PM me & ill send it over all you have to do is add it to the sd card & put it in the dash.

Quick Reply: Racepak IQ3 Dash Help