Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default TPC Racing Wins at Laguna Seca!

Porsche of Towson Wins Big at Laguna Seca

(May 13, 2013) Jessup, MD - For rounds three and four, the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson team dominated once again at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The team went into rounds three and four leading the team and drivers’ championship, so the goal was to continue in winning fashion and that is exactly what the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson team did.

When arriving to the track for test days, Michael Levitas, driver of the #36 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup and David Williams, driver of the #37 TPC Racing / Merkle / Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup worked hard to get their Gold Class Porsche GT3 Cup cars to be front running cars. The team worked hard with chassis setup as well as learning the track. Michael Levitas last raced at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in 2011 and this was the first time for David Williams at the track. With great driver coaching from team coach, Randy Pobst, and the engineering behind the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson team, the #36 and #37 cars had a fantastic setup to be competitive.

Race one of the weekend was a race with tons of excitement. On the first lap, the front of the Platinum Class pack got together, causing much carnage in turn three. Michael Levitas in the #36 Porsche of Towson car timed it perfectly, just barely missing the incident as he navigated his GT3 Cup through a cloud of dust and debris. Teammate David Williams in the #37 car made it through clean as well, just a few positions behind Levitas.

Once the field went back to green flag racing, Levitas started pulling away while leading in his #36 Porsche of Towson car. When going back to green flag racing, Levitas got a brilliant start making several positions on the Platinum Class, creating a gap between him and Williams.

Later in the race, the #36 car started to get a loose car and Williams was on the move to catch Levitas. David started turning lap time .5 seconds faster than Michael and started closing the gap. Williams drove smart and hard, reeling in teammate Michael Levitas but the checkered flag flew before David could make up more time.

"It was great!," stated Michael Levitas, driver of the 36 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson entry. "My Porsche of Towson car was great. Our second car of David Williams did a fantastic job. It was effortless for TPC Racing today and it was just a great beginning to our weekend."

"It was a lot of fun," stated David Williams, driver of the 37 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle entry. "The track and the car were great. This is my first time here and I am still learning the track. It's a nice rhythm track and kind of reminds me a bit of Mid-Ohio, but probably a top-five track for me!"

Race two of the weekend would see Michael Levitas once again start on pole with teammate David Williams starting beside him in second. After making a chassis adjustment the night before, Levitas was now certain that he would have a stronger car and fix the looseness that he felt the day before. Williams had a great car from race one and was excited to run down Levitas and fight for the race win.

At the start of the race, both the #36 and #37 Porsche of Towson / Merkle GT3 Cup cars had fantastic starts. Right away, Levitas in the #36 car felt the setup changes and was turning lap times faster than the day before. David was close behind, but had slower Platinum Class cars in front that he had to battle with before being able to battle with teammate Michael Levitas.

As David was running down cars that were between him and Michael, he had a short off track excursion. The track was very greasy and with ten minutes remaining, David lost a bit of ground with the off course incident. Luckily, the car was not damaged and Williams was able to continue to finish second behind teammate Michael Levitas.

"Wow, what a race," Levitas said. "I really had fun out there. I can't thank my Porsche of Towson team enough!! Four wins so far this season for our TPC Racing/Porsche of Towson team is just fantastic. My teammate David Williams had me pulling double duty. He really pushed me to do better. It was a long race. We had a blast. Very exciting, very fun, we had a great time."

"Not the race I wanted at all but I survived it," Williams said. "Much different track today, much greasier, just completely different race. But great experience I really enjoyed it, great facility, great venue and a huge thank you to the TPC Racing/Porsche of Towson/Merkle team for such a great weekend."

With such amazing results, the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson team will be working hard to prepare for rounds five and six at Watkins Glen in June. The team has been up to Watkins Glen in the past with race wins and looking forward to being back out and fight for a three-peat!

About TPC Racing:

TPC Racing is the Mid-Atlantic’s premier maintenance, service, tuning and modification center dedicated solely to Porsche sports cars. This long time focus on only one make, Porsche, has enabled us to become experts in Porsche service, tuning and racing.

TPC Racing has its roots in the IMSA Supercar Series of the late 1980’s and early 1990s, as well in the Grand Am Rolex Series with over 28 race wins and 40 podium finishes. In 2004, the team won the team and drivers championship in the SGS class. In 2006, TPC Racing won the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona in the GT Class.

By combining a lifetime of automotive enthusiasm, business experience and technical skill with advanced aeronautical training and certifications, Levitas has managed to extend the engineering of some for the most advanced and well-regarded machines in existence – Porsche race cars.

About Porsche of Towson:

Porsche of Towson is Baltimore's only exclusive Porsche center. That means that our Porsche staff is 100% dedicated to the Porsche brand and nothing else. They will be able to assist you with all of your Porsche needs. On behalf of the entire Priority 1 Automotive Group family of dealerships, welcome to Porsche of Towson. We look forward to meeting all of your Porsche needs.

Porsche of Towson is a part of the Priority 1 Automotive Group which is a family owned and operated group of dealerships. As a family dealership, the family's reputation in the community is of the utmost importance. Therefore, there is a tremendous focus on providing exceptional customer service. With a brand new state-of-the-art Porsche dealership (completed in 2010), the most elite and experienced group of client advisors for sales and service, and a highly trained team of service and support personnel, your sales and service experience is assured of being second to none. Our clients appreciate the way we do business. We know you will too!

About Merkle:

Merkle is the nation's largest and fastest-growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency. For more than 20 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Employing data-driven strategies, Merkle combines a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines to offer complete integrated customer marketing solutions. With a strategically led, consultative approach, we work closely with clients to design, execute and continuously evaluate CRM programs throughout the buying cycle, across channels and media.

About CrunchDaddy Popcorn:

CrunchDaddy Popcorn makes “Popcorn Unusual!™”, an array of sweet and savory inventions that take the sophisticated snacker beyond the common recipes for caramel, kettle and cheese popcorn. All CrunchDaddy Popcorn flavors are available on-line through their website, CrunchDaddy Popcorn*| Gourmet Popcorn

#36 Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup being driven to victory

#37 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle GT3 Cup finishing P2

#36 Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup navigating through the carnage in race 1

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Last edited by TPC Racing; 05-13-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Great job guys!

And thanks for letting us borrow a dash for our GTC car. I tried to hijack a couple of Patron bottles for you but they were on short supply this weekend!! :-)

-mike
Old 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fleadh
Great job guys!

And thanks for letting us borrow a dash for our GTC car. I tried to hijack a couple of Patron bottles for you but they were on short supply this weekend!! :-)

-mike
Anytime! See you guys out at the next race
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Mike and company!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Mike and the team. Long way to travel but I'm sure it was worth it. When is the next race for you guys?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Musche
Congrats Mike and the team. Long way to travel but I'm sure it was worth it. When is the next race for you guys?
Our next race is at Watkins Glen on June 28!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Congrats TPC and drivers.
That 'carnage' shot is incredible. You'd think it was a two way street with race cars on it.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Congrats guys!!! are you guys running the Canada Series again this year? I havent looked at the Rooster yet.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks, Zook! Unfortunately we will not be at Mosport for the season opener, but we will be there in July and possibly a few others.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

Originally Posted by TPC Racing
Thanks, Zook! Unfortunately we will not be at Mosport for the season opener, but we will be there in July and possibly a few others.
Awesome!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
tmark
Instructor

Congratulations Mike!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Just curious, but why is there a class that's just populated by 2 people, both from the same team?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Great race, guys. I was in the right spot for the carnage; here's another angle. No way to start a race!
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great shot!! Thank you for sharing!

Quick Reply: TPC Racing Wins at Laguna Seca!