Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Excellent Spec Boxster (996 GT3 trade?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 PM
GT3Bob
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS: Excellent Spec Boxster (996 GT3 trade?)

First, my apologies to all Rennlist Members... I posted a FS last night, and have paid my membership this morning.

So... repost... For Sale, a very well built Spec Boxster. It has many, many new parts, and has been gone throguh with a fine tooth comb, solving all of the nagging issues that BSR's may have.

A few photos, and a build sheet below... PM or email if seriously interested. It's a fantastic learning car, quick and precise. Great for the BSR race class, and great for a DE driver who wants to move to a full cage and fire system while refining their skills.

Given time constraints, I am looking for a track prepped 996 GT3 or a 997.1 GT3. Outright purchase or a trade? I also have a 24' enclosed trailer and F250 tow vehicle. In other words, the full traveler's race kit!
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 PM
GT3Bob
Instructor

Folks.. The market has spoken. While my car has a lot invested in new and near new parts and labor, I'm dropping the price dramatically to $37500. I know you can buy/build for less, but no where near this quality and this excellent condition. PM for additional details, way too much to list here.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 257 Posts

37,5 is a good price for a truly well sorted out and well built SPB

more pics, including interior/cage would help your cause

there are SPB's often for sale in the mid to high 20s but you get what you pay for
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

I wish you luck, but unless this is a record holding car or close you are a bit above what these cars bring. I think Charlie Boyer's car, which beat every SPB it ever came up against, sold for substantially less. No one cares what we spent, trust me.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 257 Posts

surprised charlie's car sold for less than 35k esp with history, setup, air jacks even! but i don't know what his motor/trans history/hours was like

given the cost of a good build for the engine/tranny on these cars, i think (from experience) that a well sorted out one is worth good money

the SPB market has been warped by mid 20s cars with the usual bolt-on bits but highly variable cages/finishing/development work, and unknown drivetrains
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Nah, no one cares, buyers market.. be nice but in the real world but unless the car is constantly on the podium it's a loser and is worth loser $$. Wish it was different but my wishes are worth poo.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:37 PM
GT3Bob
Instructor

Gents, I appreciate your feedback, debating both sides of the cost vs. wins. However, I take issue with the idea that it's only about price. Personally, I do not think a winning car is worth much, hurting the new buyer, as the car is generally used up. Many well driven cars can win, but not many BSR's last without major work. Heat and altitude kill transmissions, power steering, and motors. This car is like new and has ALL of that sorted out. For a buyer who values a quality build that is 100% race ready, this is the right car. More photos to come, though you can see
the build on premiersportscarservice.com
Reasonable offers entertained. 😎
Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
GT3Bob
Instructor

Morning Folks,
A few more comments on the car build...

COMMENTS ON PREMIER BUILD...

Over the past three years, including original purchase of the Boxster, I have over $60,000 in the car. Kent at Premier Sportscar Service has solved virtually every problem one will encounter with BSR cars, building a fast, safe, and extremely reliable car.

BUILD PHILOSOPHY
The initial build idea for my car, and three other BSR's at Premier, was to model them after a 996 GT3 Cup for safety, comfort, and reliability. Speed has never been an issue with our cars, winning or top three in nearly every race we entered. During the 2011/2012 seasons we learned a lot about the cars, prompting significant work to increase the reliability of what was formerly a low stressed street car.

Following are the mods included in my car, the vast majority of which were completed this past winter... It has not been driven since the final work, and is in perfect condition to drive or race.

Safety...Comfort
- 996 GT3 Cup Roll cage
- 996 GT3 Cup fire suppression system ...
---- Internal and external fully integrated dash/windscreen discharge buttons
---- multiple cabin/engine bay/ fuel tank nozzles
- F/R bumpers intact (still meets min race weight)
- 996 GT3 Cup Recaro race seat
- 997 GT3 Cup wheel quick release (super slick one way press lock...)
- New Toyo shaved RA-1's ... Never driven.

Reliability...
- Motor... 6,000 mile replacement motor... Super clean, Like new
---- 10 race hours on motor, 10 mild DE hours
---- Intermediate shaft bearing replaced 2013 (one common source of motor failure)
---- 14 qt. Accusump oil supplement system (dry left bank is other source of failure)
- Custom power steering cooler (necessary to prevent repeated PS failure)
---- new PS aluminum lines, gaskets, and PS pump installed
- Complete New Transmission
---- Ring/pinion/gears/syncros flown in new from Porsche Germany (not a junkyard tranny)
---- new custom transmission cooler (common failure... Heat pits bearing and gear surfaces)
- New Custom exhaust
---- custom fab to keep heat off all cooling lines, tranny, PS, Oil lines, etc.
---- many iterations until Kent was satisfied... It looks like fine art.
- GT3 Cup suspension components
---- primary reason for factory parts is to keep alignment precise, adjustable, and predictable

TRAILER/ TOW VEHICLE
I also have a very well outfitted enclosed 24' trailer and diesel F250 pickup at super reasonable below market prices. PM if interested in these.

Bob Read
info@lappingdays.com
Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
GT3Bob
Instructor

New price for a great car... Reduced for quick sale to $32,500. More photos to be posted this week.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3Bob
Personally, I do not think a winning car is worth much...
People like to buy cars with a winning track record. It's just the way it is. It's probably less of a big deal in in a class like SPB, but it's still a factor.

Scott

Quick Reply: FS: Excellent Spec Boxster (996 GT3 trade?)