Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to select a driving/racing coach?......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013 | 03:22 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
For those of you who have benefitted from hiring a coach, how did you finally select that person?

What goals or expectations did you set for the coach and yourself?

Were those goals achieved, in other words would you consider your experience worth the investment?

Thanks for your input.....I am just asking for a friend......

You don't need a coach; you're fast enough. Oh, wait, you're not in my class.
Old 05-07-2013 | 01:40 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you go to a professional 3-day school, years later you will remember how much you learned in such a short timeframe. But if you go to a 1-day school, years later you'll only remember how much money you spent. I think it's the same thing when it comes to private coaching...

Private coaching requires an investment in time, not just money. Think in terms of a sustained relationship and coaching days versus sessions (avoid the coin-operated coach). Look for somene that you don't mind spending a lot of time with, who can and will spend a lot of time with you, and has the experience and skill to use that time to go deep on all aspects of improving your times.
Old 05-07-2013 | 08:33 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

I'm a huge proponents of pro coaching, and if that's not available or affordable, having a good instructor spend a session or two with you is always time well spent. My basic thinking is that a set of Hoosiers cost me about $1600, which is considerably more than hiring a pro coach for a full day and I know which one is going to make me quicker. For instructors, spending a day with a pro coach will also improve your instructing skills.

Quick Reply: How to select a driving/racing coach?......