Sponsored by:

Food at COTA next week

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:07 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 667 Likes on 322 Posts

Now this is getting down right stupid, I for one have a drink and eating routine when competing in a race event. Things like Gatorade, light fruit and vegetable lunches, PP&J sandwiches, bananas, etc. I also like to drink Spring water not recycled purified Aqua Fina, I for one count on this routine to stay sharp and a required deviation from this routine to satisfy a marketing concern of any track is unreasonable.
Rich
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Now this is getting down right stupid, I for one have a drink and eating routine when competing in a race event. Things like Gatorade, light fruit and vegetable lunches, PP&J sandwiches, bananas, etc. I also like to drink Spring water not recycled purified Aqua Fina, I for one count on this routine to stay sharp and a required deviation from this routine to satisfy a marketing concern of any track is unreasonable.
Rich
Please be sure to drop a few fivers into Globe's glass while you're there.

I'm actually interested to hear how this whole thing plays out...should I even bring my grill and other cooking stuff?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Please be sure to drop a few fivers into Globe's glass while you're there.

I'm actually interested to hear how this whole thing plays out...should I even bring my grill and other cooking stuff?
Based on what they just told us, do not bring a grill. However I wouldn't worry about the brand of water you bring, nor if you decide to bring along a sandwich, granola bar, fruit,... etc. Just don't hold a big picnic.

And yes, please drop a fiver in the whine glass in my garage. It's for the kids...
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
Is that the event that introduced the "grab the A-pillar and let go of the steering wheel move"?
Heh, no, but I did see another good one while I was there: while heading down the straight towards T11, a car pulled off the the track onto the paved brim and just... stopped. No warning, no hand signals, nothing to indicate whether the driver was okay or whether other cars were safe to go around. I was flabbergasted.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Rich
Bring it all, as Globe says. It'll be fine.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:50 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I've been reading this thread for a couple of days, but have no idea why it started.

Did someone send out an email that said we couldn't bring food, or did you just read the prohibited items page on the COTA website?

Every track restricts items more when it is a paid event versus a rental weekend don't they? What am I missing?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Genesis of a Thread

Originally Posted by MarkM
OK, I've been reading this thread for a couple of days, but have no idea why it started.

Did someone send out an email that said we couldn't bring food, or did you just read the prohibited items page on the COTA website?

Every track restricts items more when it is a paid event versus a rental weekend don't they? What am I missing?
(A warning to those already pre-irritated, wrap head in duct tape before reading):

Straight from the COTA DE Registrar (plus it was also mentioned at TWS last weekend):

Carrera of the Americas - COTA food and bererage rules
Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:15 PM
"events@clubregistration.net" <events@clubregistration.net>

Drivers

COTA is treating the areas where we will be staging our event, similar to any large sports arena. We are being asked to purchase there food and drinks at the track.

We feel that bringing our own water(Aquafina) would not be an issue that would rise to the level of non-compliance. Aquafina is a sponsor of COTA and we need to respect that relationship. So feel free to load up on AQUALFINA water for the weekend. Our Porsche regions WILL NOT be providing water for this event!!!

On the other hand having a picnic in the middle of this event would not work under our agreement but having your granola bar will not bring down the food police on us.

Please respect that this venue is a business much like those we run and work for and they have financials goals just like the rest of us.

Thanks
Tim Thomas
It's ironic, they are treating us like we are attending a sporting event (spectators) even though we are the participants.

-Mike
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well than I'm glad I'm not a DE driver...

Quick Reply: Food at COTA next week